netsmithUK

Wild Willy Helmet Configurator

For no particular reason I had this idea bouncing around in my head for ages, so today I decided to build it. Ultimately I think its pretty pointless in its current state but it might lead to better things and possible body paint jobs? No promises

Ever wanted to 'try out' Willy helmets? This might keep you entertained for a few mins 1f642.png https://www.tamiyaclub.com/wildwillyhelmet.asp?rt=f

Screenshot 2020-05-15 at 18.02.32.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

That's awesome, even if I don't have a Willy to paint it's still a good way to throw colours together to make sure they work.  TBH it's a fun way to kill some time :lol:

Now you need to add a new colour palette that contains all the TS paint colours accurately matched, effects for metallic and lacquered finishes, new templates so we're not stuck with the same three-band design and a 3D preview so we can rotate Willy around.  Oh, and templates for Tamiya's entire body catalog.  Oh, and an Export option that produces an SVG file so we can print masks directly onto self-adhesive paper.  Off you go :)

(only joking, of course :D ) 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mad Ax said:

That's awesome, even if I don't have a Willy to paint it's still a good way to throw colours together to make sure they work.  TBH it's a fun way to kill some time :lol:

Now you need to add a new colour palette that contains all the TS paint colours accurately matched, effects for metallic and lacquered finishes, new templates so we're not stuck with the same three-band design and a 3D preview so we can rotate Willy around.  Oh, and templates for Tamiya's entire body catalog.  Oh, and an Export option that produces an SVG file so we can print masks directly onto self-adhesive paper.  Off you go :)

(only joking, of course :D ) 

ha! You forgot optional uploadable decals, so you can drop them on and position. ;) Based on this one taking 18year to produce then I'll get at least one of those features done by 2038.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, netsmithUK said:

ha! You forgot optional uploadable decals, so you can drop them on and position. ;) Based on this one taking 18year to produce then I'll get at least one of those features done by 2038.

Actually I did consider that, but thought it would be asking too much...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, netsmithUK said:

I'll get at least one of those features done by 2038

That quick huh ? - that's quicker than my local council getting anything done

• Haha 1