Gazzalene

What truck style truck is this?

I have just seen a vid (which I can not seem to link) of a 1/14th rc Tamiya truck. Its called "Custom"

The truck cab seems normal. Its the frame rails that are radical. seems to be thin box section all the way back to the rear axles. The metal work is all smooth and painted.Very little in detail,very minimal. Did a search ,no RC models came to light BUT several real rigs did,again only saying custom. I would of said "lowrider" but that would only be half the style?Is this a particular style? would love to try to something similar knocked up

If the video link won't work, can you link any photos perhaps?

If you copy the browser link for the YouTube clip @Gazzalene and paste it straight into the reply box then it should embed automatically. 

The RC clip will not link,this is very similar. The RC rig was longer a thinner with covered rear wheels

I'd say it was probably a SoCal style (California) Truck you saw, they have a habit of stretching and lowering things beyond belief. I came across this that sounds similar to what you described..

This one's pretty cool with photos of construction but I can't read the text, looks french?

These guys do more custom truck parts than you can wave a stick at..

https://www.gardentrucking.com/tamiya.tpl?cart=15912634651109919

Hope that helps 

• Like 1

I would say the long chassis rails are from a hardware shop, cut and drilled to desired length.

While these rigs look awesome on a shelf, I would hate to drive one on a layout.  Tamiya rigs have poor turning circles at the best of times and even a King Hauler can be difficult to navigate around a street layout in the typically small English community centre, church hall or sports room where indoor truck meets tend to take place.  Having to go off-layout or do a 3-point-turn to get around the biggest corner on the layout is a bit frustrating, and not having enough room to swing your trailer into a parking space can make it awkward when you want a break ;)

• Like 1