Sign in to follow this  
Acidsnow

New here, xv-01 advice required please!

Evenin' folks, Hope you're all well, just arrived having had a look around for the past few days. Anyhow, looking for something else to do during lockdown I bought an Integrale tt02 and painted it like the road car I could never afford! As seems the way of it, soon followed some blue anodising then another kit! Audi Quattro this time, just finishing some lights on that and got to wondering what next. Started looking towards Arrmas but having lost my job last week thought that could wait a while, besides enjoying the tinker time and assembly too much! So now having made a way tidier job of painting the Delta than expected I find myself in need of an Xv-01 chassis for it! 

Here's where I could do with some advice, do I buy the long damper chassis kit for 200 notes or an Asterion for 180 and offset the cost by selling the body and wheels from it? I'm pretty sure if they sit here too long they'd become another build! That's before I 'need' a buggy and an M chassis or two! Bit moreish these things eh! 

Cheers 

Steven 

DSC_0490.JPG

• Like 1

I'm building a rally car from an Asterion kit now.  The suspension on the Asterion is not the long damper spec though.  Even so, I think this is a cost effective route to go.

• Thanks 1

Just the man! Cheers LongRat, what I forgot to ask is, are there any extra parts specific to the xv-01t that I'd need to replace or is it just a case of putting my wheels and body on for instant rally? I know about the 'softer' suspension arms but sure they're the same shape and size. Did your Asterion come with bearings and cva's? 

The aluminum hop up suspension arm mounts would be the only real upgrade you might want to do right away.  The plastic ones can sheer in a hard hit to the front suspension. 

Apologies for hijacking the thread. How critical is the  slipper clutch ?

21 hours ago, joeling said:

Apologies for hijacking the thread. How critical is the  slipper clutch ?

I don't know if it's critical, but I like it.  The spur gear with the slipper clutch is 48p so you can switch to 48p pinions too, which are more common.  Other brands of spurs with slipper clutches are compatible too.

On 5/16/2020 at 12:33 PM, Acidsnow said:

Just the man! Cheers LongRat, what I forgot to ask is, are there any extra parts specific to the xv-01t that I'd need to replace or is it just a case of putting my wheels and body on for instant rally? I know about the 'softer' suspension arms but sure they're the same shape and size. Did your Asterion come with bearings and cva's? 

Yes you can just put the car body on and the wheels and off you go.

The Asterion came with bearings but only dogbone driveshafts.  The Chevy truck body will be nice on one of my stadium trucks but I'll be offloading the stickers for sure.  Probably sell the wheels and tyres too.