ok, i'm not starting this right away, it had my attention some time ago.

My Father in-law had a 52' International dually stakebed truck, this reminded me of that, we used it quite often, my brother in-law had it for a while and then sold it.

We always kept it clean and running it was in fair shape. This build will bring forgotten memories back and it shall be rugged and grand, i'll weatherize and rusterize this project.

So here's to you Popsie!

And weighing in, in this section of the house at...................................................................................................................................

L4iooA7.jpg

aVdkLAW.jpg

• Like 5

That boxart is really nice. I much prefer that to a generic box with a photo sticker on it. Shown much more care.

• Like 1

I've been gathering my Train's weathering materials of different powders and art pencils and paints for this build.

oh when you'er rusty as i am, you just pass the age around, i'm opposite of Midas, every thing on this build i'll touch will age and turn to rust, not gold:lol:

Finally broke the box's seals,

NqySmtM.jpg

metal wheels (rims)

3WDDfrL.jpg

Leaf springs are plastic with metal hardware.

Trani's plastic but has substantial weight to it

Gas Tank is plastic and is for electronics (not really for gas:o):lol:

these were already assembled so as to the rear end and front suspension, which i'll tear down so i can see what's going on and re-lube with my alchemy 

now these here below are extreme Heavy Metal!

rZeqz8d.jpg

P4EfsLa.jpg

I mean for Pete sake, it does say KING KONG how much more heavy duty can this truck be? i'll tell ya, Godzilla

• Like 3

Hoping this fits, it's meant for a 1/12 military truck........................................................................................

s1l8fME.jpg

us boys and our toys...........................Gotta have'm:wub:

Careful that motor doesn’t shake the nails out of the timber tipper body on the back!!

But I’d hazard a guess you’ve got an aluminum hop up coming to replace the ancient timbers?😉😃

• Haha 1

Arrived the other day...

HRGrcMT.jpg

x57aWtc.jpg

I will use Testors metalizer paints to detail some of the parts

• Like 4

On 11/13/2020 at 7:24 AM, ACCEL said:

Finally broke the box's seals,

NqySmtM.jpg

metal wheels (rims)

3WDDfrL.jpg

Leaf springs are plastic with metal hardware.

Trani's plastic but has substantial weight to it

Gas Tank is plastic and is for electronics (not really for gas:o):lol:

these were already assembled so as to the rear end and front suspension, which i'll tear down so i can see what's going on and re-lube with my alchemy 

now these here below are extreme Heavy Metal!

rZeqz8d.jpg

P4EfsLa.jpg

I mean for Pete sake, it does say KING KONG how much more heavy duty can this truck be? i'll tell ya, Godzilla

A silly point mebbes but that looks beautifully packaged. If they've taken that much care with foam inserts for the box it must be a really good quality kit

• Thanks 1