I recently required a near mint original lunchbox and paid $30 for it on let go. Has original manual speed control in mint shape. Has chrome wheels. The body is a light pearl purple with DARE logo and says To Keep Cops Off Donuts. There are some light cracks and the a frame pillar on drivers side is missing. I can fix it with a mold, crazy glue and baking soda. Has anyone seen this body before. It looks factory. Also thinking of selling after I fix the body. What do you think it’s worth?

10D3CB24-BB5E-45A5-9931-677EFE19A1FB.png

• Like 2

TBH the value will not be much more than the time and money you put in to it. Have fun stripping and rebuilding, it might lead to more.

To be honest, its probably not worth taking the time to try and fix that shell, they are very cheap to replace, a black one is £10 in the UK.

Edit: oh and it mostly certainly isn't "factory" whatever that means - its just a regular body that someone painted and then smashed.

I wouldn’t call it near mint given the damage described.  If you think you can sell it for $50, do so! You clearly have a value in mind as to what it’s worth since you think you scored a deal at $30.  What do you think it’s worth?

• Like 1

I couldn’t show all the pics. The body is the only thing that has issues. Everything else is like new. Even the body paint is great. 

4 hours ago, H22A4 said:

I wouldn’t call it near mint given the damage described.  If you think you can sell it for $50, do so! You clearly have a value in mind as to what it’s worth since you think you scored a deal at $30.  What do you think it’s worth?

I think it’s worth over $100.

New Lunchbox kits go for between $95 to $128USD and those are in super mint condition.  That’s with ESC too.

If you can get $100 or more, I’d be flipping that too!

• Like 2