Sign in to follow this  
Mrowka

Anyone know anyone who can rebuild an old Kyosho motor?

Motor is an original LeMans 240S that decided to seize up on me yesterday evening.

Knew I should have cleaned that thing.

I suggest opening it up yourself, usually when they seize solid it is because something magnetic has been sucked in and jammed the armature.  If it needs rebuilding and you don't have the gear to do it, check out Igified RC on Facebook.  He does a nice job.

• Thanks 1

If its seized but in otherwise good condition it may be fairly obvious whats causing it and easy to remedy. If its got bushings then its always an opportunity to fit some bearings while you have it to bits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can check out Igified on Facebook, if you have it, expert motor rebuilder, but he is not taking on work at the moment due to coronavirus. I am on the waiting list ! 

hi, 

i can rebuild the motor for free, im based in norwich in the uk, so you can either drop off or post to me. let me know if you need my help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catman79 said:

hi, 

i can rebuild the motor for free, im based in norwich in the uk, so you can either drop off or post to me. let me know if you need my help.

please advise what facilities you have, can you skim the commutator? can you fit new bushes ? Thank you

hi, yes i have a comm lathe, and yes i can fit new brushes. all i would charge is the cost of the new brushes, if it needs them.. it doesn't take long and i like to try and help other members when i can, as they have me. 

• Thanks 1

I have an old Trinity Revenger of the Monster horsepower, 27 turn. It needs a good service, clean, it needs shimming as there aren't any in it and there is a bit of play, the comm needs resurfacing, there is a bit of life left in the brushes. Are you saying you would be willing to look at all of this for free? If so, could you DM me your address please !