Sign in to follow this  
madmickmalone

Servo recommendations

Hi,

Righto, just need some help choosing a  servo for all my re-re's, (so many too choose from) not after anything really fancy, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MMM

I go for the JX PDI-4409MG low profile as my go to cheap but works well servo.  About 9kg, .10sec and metal geared.  I have 4 of them, they all work as expected and are USD$13 delivered from Banggood.

My middle of the road option is the Trackstar TS-D99X, also low profile.  It claims 10kg / .08sec at 6V which I don't believe, but they do perform pretty well and hold up too.  A guy at my offroad club has used them for 3 years + (they were in his car when I first met him) and they work well and obviously last ok.  This is on an 8th/10th scale dirt track with decent jumps and no servo savers.  I run them in my onroad racers and they work really well.  About USD$25 from Hobbyking

My go to for my race cars is the Savox 1258TG.  I also have some 1251MG but have put them in my son's car and I will only by the 1258TG from now for my offroad racers, unless I need low profile.  They are 13kg / .08secs at 6V and I  believe the specs.  Very fast and strong.  About USD$55 from everywhere.

5 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I go for the JX PDI-4409MG low profile as my go to cheap but works well servo.  About 9kg, .10sec and metal geared.  I have 4 of them, they all work as expected and are USD$13 delivered from Banggood.

My middle of the road option is the Trackstar TS-D99X, also low profile.  It claims 10kg / .08sec at 6V which I don't believe, but they do perform pretty well and hold up too.  A guy at my offroad club has used them for 3 years + (they were in his car when I first met him) and they work well and obviously last ok.  This is on an 8th/10th scale dirt track with decent jumps and no servo savers.  I run them in my onroad racers and they work really well.  About USD$25 from Hobbyking

My go to for my race cars is the Savox 1258TG.  I also have some 1251MG but have put them in my son's car and I will only by the 1258TG from now for my offroad racers, unless I need low profile.  They are 13kg / .08secs at 6V and I  believe the specs.  Very fast and strong.  About USD$55 from everywhere.

Thanks very much, will have a look at them online.

• Like 1

I also suggest the JX, I have two of those and they work great for their price.

• Like 1