mman2005

What is the next thing on your to do list?

On 5/20/2020 at 7:59 PM, Grumpy pants said:

Tyre lettering for the Super Champ.

Run the Konghead.

Photogragh the Honda City Turbo

1st coat on the SC tyres, 2nd coat tomorrow.

Batteries charged for the Konghead.

Photos of the HTC taken.

I’ll finish 1 and 2 before getting too ambitious 😂 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

1st coat on the SC tyres, 2nd coat tomorrow

Batteries charged for the Konghead

Photos of the HTC taken.

I’ll finish 1 and 2 before getting too ambitious 😂 

Mission achieved and a little more as well 💥

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

Well done! What was the "little bit more?"

I cleaned and admired the Sand Scorcher you very kindly restored for me.

Then I took the Konghead out for its 1st outing, which  was great fun and the 1st time in 2 years since I’ve had a proper go on an RC.

Which oddly enough was the Sand Scorcher on a beach in Wales. 

• Like 1

Love this topic, it makes me feel better when I see I am not the only one who starts a new project before finishing the last one.

For me, a one piece top plate, interior and driver figure for the Mad Bull.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Mission achieved and a little more as well 💥

Ooh! Liking the tick emojis! 

• Thanks 1

Ok light and small today- 

1. Photos of the SC for a TC

2. Pack the sold radio set

3. Packed the gifted tyres

4. Order a new radio set

• Like 2

Cut out and mask Nissan Silva body for the M-06 

Pop on the body post extensions and cut to length

Adjust M-06 to correct wheelbase for above body

Do my utmost not to muck up spraying body!.... 

I managed to cut out both the Celica and 240Z bodies yesterday afternoon, however since neither of these jobs were exclusive on the list, I can't actually cross anything off yet.

I was too tired to do my usual tidy of the workshop before I sat down for my habitual Saturday Night Movie, so today's workshop day begins with a panic-tidy of the workbench and nearby area.

On a positive note, I've got my creative writing mojo back and had a good few long sessions on the novel recently, including an hour this morning while the rest of the household sleeps :)

• Like 3

1. Pack and send out the Wild One & Kit. 

2. Send out the sold radio set.

3. Get the WW off the shelf for tyre lettering and dusting. 

4.. Send TC member servo recommendation.

• Like 1

TXT radio plate made, motors and speedo mounted and wired, test-run done in the garden.

Turnbuckles installed on FF01

Studio shelves installed, temporarily populated with a random selection of cars as my collection is in a pretty dire state right now (I keep robbing motors and electrics out of cars I can't run during lockdown to fit them in things I can run in my garden)

P5240124.jpg

P5240133.jpg

• Like 6

Well new thing to my list. Last year I got my Thunder Dragon out of storage, went to run it and the ESC was flashing green and beeping. I then boxed it up and have just got it out and remembered I had this problem last year. :(

Now I need to do some long research to get to the bottom of the problem. 

With work due to return to normal on Wednesday, I am just about out of time for Coronapocalypse projects, which is just as well as I am also just about out of things to do. I have an ESC in my TT-01 rally car that needs reprogramming to suit the new motor I installed a little while back, and that is it! :D

• Like 3

Having managed to find time to fix the servo horn clearance on my JK trail truck, the next thing to do is work out how to get a battery into it and get it running. This is going to become a priority over other projects (of which there are too many).

Actually thinking about selling something to free up some space and funds. With prices bubbling and supply short, I ought to sell one of my NIBs to recoup the money but I have a hard time letting stuff go. Which is stupid when I have no real attachment to it (and double standards when I'm giving away my son's first bike coz it takes up too much room in the garage!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

im Considering some ebay listings as ive built some kits i wont use, builds were great but dont need them as i wont run them.

Last night I went for a late-night stroll at a place where I used to test-run my crawlers.  Despite being a glorious sunset and warm weather, it was pretty much deserted.  I should have no trouble running my CC01s there one evening.  I might take them there tonight, if there's time.  That'll be another thing I can tick off the list, and my first RC run outside the house since before lockdown :)

• Like 1

Once I get my ta05 going my next project is my MCD x4 rally. Needs to get the fuel lines replace, tank cleaned and engine inspected. After that project i need to finish my xj hardbody for my scx10ii. It's going to be a copy of the winder towing jeep from Matt's offroad recovery. Then, once i button that up it's xv01 or tt02 rally time as i don't think the chassis i planned on using will be used for that now.

All this is subject to change as most of it is going to be done as free as possible except the rally car. That'll be put off until I get paid again.

• Like 1

On 5/25/2020 at 9:35 AM, mman2005 said:

Well new thing to my list. Last year I got my Thunder Dragon out of storage, went to run it and the ESC was flashing green and beeping. I then boxed it up and have just got it out and remembered I had this problem last year. :(

Now I need to do some long research to get to the bottom of the problem. 

OK, so turns out I had the plugs in the wrong way around going into the RX. Another job down as got it up and running although found my sports tuned motor was jamming up a bit.

Gave it a good run and seems fine now. 

Did notice that some of the chassis had some cracks so added repairing these to the list and will have them done by the end of the day.

Need to fit my newly painted chassis cover and driver head but waiting on the correct screws.

Need to paint a buggy wing but can't decide on colours. So this will probably sit on my list for a while.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:14 AM, Badcrumble said:

Actually thinking about selling something to free up some space and funds. With prices bubbling and supply short, I ought to sell one of my NIBs to recoup the money but I have a hard time letting stuff go. Which is stupid when I have no real attachment to it (and double standards when I'm giving away my son's first bike coz it takes up too much room in the garage!).

I can totally relate to this. I realised I've got 13 cars, and an emotional attachment to 4 of them. (two were gifts, one was my favourite childhood car, the other an original Avante, which I don't think needs any explanation for! ;) ) The others I've restored and spent a lot of time and in most cases cash on, and I think they look great, but I'm loathed to sell them because - I know I'll probably not make much if any profit (probably a loss on some) and despite it being nice to have the extra cash, it doesn't quite outweigh the hassle of putting them up for sale, probably being disappointed with what I get for them and ultimately ending up spending the cash on boring sensible things. 

• Like 2

Sorted out my plan today:

there’s a finish list and a start list😀

finish:

fit and set up Flysky radio in the three cars that had planet T5 receivers. Installed but not set up

finish body work, driver and lights on CHiPs with everything build and program esc and then run .

Cut Metro 6R4 body and fit to Tt02-S chassis. Will be a tarmac clubman special, my colours orange and blue( need to think about motor for this)

finish RS200 rally car on TT02-T chassis

I have everything to to do all of the above, even time just seem to keep putting things off🧐

Start: 

Dual rider with a load of hop ups (inc pizza delivery body) all present and correct

Sheridan full option tank. 6 channel receiver and 5 channel tx no longer needed for cars due to Flysky above( how lucky was that!!! ) Again all present and correct. I see a happy future😃 

I would also like to get hold of a non portal six wheel chassis for several body projects. Have to see how money goes!!

for the moment apart from from some static modelling (including a 1/35th Sheridan) that’s about it.  Ooooh I forgot get out and run some. 

• Like 3

Well fixing of some cracked parts didn't go well so that it still on my to do list. Ordered some black milliput which should do the trick.

I think the finding and tidying of my rc stuff will be on my list forever :rolleyes:

Just remembered, charge battery packs 

mostly swearing at B&Q. Went to my local store for some de-solv-it graffiti remover, out of stock - there is a space and price sticker on the shelf though. So, go on their website and it says "our stores do not stock this product".. so they keep empty shelf space for products they don't stock ?

Available to click & collect, ok, lets do that. Only to find they automatically cancel the order, because its not in stock.

I've never been very impressed with them anyway, I shall have to find an alternative I suppose :mellow:

Next thing to do is kinda my starting things to do so i need HELP! I baught a Tamiya DF01 Porsche Cayenne 12yr ago when i was home on leave from the Army.. i only had it out for a quick blast due to goin out later in the evening for a family meal b4 being sent back to Germany where i served. Yrs later Capt Covid has me bored senseless so i got it out the loft. I had to replace remote coz the battery deck was knackered... Next (most importants IMO) Is i NEED to get rid of the god awefull shell i am driving... Porsche's are absolute eye sore's... disgusting cars... i want BEEFY and MEAN! also i need Specs (mm) for F and R shocks. Also links to Alloy Hop-Ups would be much appreciated. I know its alot to ask but... hey... im new to Modding and i have a few stress points hence wanting alloy parts. Drive Hard or go home i say!

Simple for me-

1. Run the Konghead a few times to text my old batteries.

2. Pack and send my Toyota to br refurb.

3. Put the Honda City Turbo on the bench as my project car.