mman2005

What is the next thing on your to do list?

14 hours ago, NamelessOne90 said:

Porsche's are absolute eye sore's... disgusting cars.

The police will be after you:lol:

IMG_1850.JPG.3b5d52d20b4707047fbdfbf87c661933.JPGIMG_1863.JPG.8fc0e1952305cc338cd540fbe7114753.JPG

• Haha 4

That polizei 1 does look pretty good tbh.... (just the paint job lol) very clean. The lines look more aggressive at the rear in silver. Well done.

• Thanks 1

Am i right in believing that a couple of the Cc01 shells fit the Df01. Im aware that certain scales can be manipulated to fit other shells by working out the real life sizes etc etc but i aint no good at calculations. People have theorised that certain 1/8th can fit 1/10th due to the real 1:1 dimensions, but then again im not gonna be too quick to believe. Hence the asking part. Looking at the age bracket in this club you guys have 20+yrs on me n im 30 lol. It is a hobby i really want to take up. Next plan is to get a classic Mini. Coz "Why not?"

23 hours ago, NamelessOne90 said:

Tamiya DF01 Porsche Cayenne ... Porsche's are absolute eye sore's... disgusting cars... 

lol... quite a statement, but I agree.  

Porsche is known for sleek and feminine lines.  SUV is on the opposite spectrum.  Cayenne just looks like a fat 959.  Because of the roundness, it kinda gives off the minivan-vibe.  

CNgqlHF.jpg

uXcgcxB.jpg

(sorry, I don't hate Porsche, I just wish the SUV was a bit more angular like Suzuki Jimny)  

06zw9Kp.jpg

I mean, when Lamborghini built their SUV in the 80's, they didn't make a fat Countach.  They made it manly. 

x39UGKU.jpg

OBniSpV.jpg

Unfortunately, Lamborghini got sued for copying US Army's XR311, so that kinda put a stop to their off road section. 

NXxgBAc.jpg

(I'm glad Tamiya re-issued XR311.  Making it a light-duty runner is on my to do list...)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NamelessOne90 said:

Am i right in believing that a couple of the Cc01 shells fit the Df01. Im aware that certain scales can be manipulated to fit other shells by working out the real life sizes etc etc but i aint no good at calculations. People have theorised that certain 1/8th can fit 1/10th due to the real 1:1 dimensions, but then again im not gonna be too quick to believe. Hence the asking part. Looking at the age bracket in this club you guys have 20+yrs on me n im 30 lol. It is a hobby i really want to take up. Next plan is to get a classic Mini. Coz "Why not?"

Model car body shells are typically sold according to the track width and wheelbase, so if you would like to know if a given shell is likely to fit your chassis, measure your width from outer wheel rim to opposite outer wheel rim, and the distance between front wheel centre and rear wheel centre. Compare these measurements to the advertised width and wheelbase of your chosen shell, bearing in mind that a couple of mm difference can often be accommodated by creative trimming and shimming. 

• Like 2

On 5/21/2020 at 7:05 AM, A-Baum said:

Oh man couldn't find it anywhere else in stock?  That price is brutal, it's $100 less almost everywhere else....if you can find it.

I know, I know.  Since the apocalypse and no gambling (Vegas shutdown), weekly funds are abundant and the price did not hurt as bad.

My wife has asked if just the two of us can take the Konghead out tonight for a run and  pick up a takeaway on the way back 👍

Unusual date night, but I’ll take it 😊

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Finally went and emptied out my storage unit. Forgot how much stuff I still had in there! Got a lot of stuff to sort through over the next few weeks, sell some stuff, and hopefully restore/finish some stuff.

I noticed my Kyosho USA1 GP tyres are splitting everywhere, havent had a look at the EP yet. My original clod wheels are very yellow, noticed the chrome is putting on it. Still have a body and NIP chev decals for to replace the old body that got dropped and destroyed. My M03 has a new Mini body that needs painting and decalling. Heaps of 60l NIP parts containers to sort through, a heap of vintage radios to sort through. And other misc stuff. 

• Like 2

From my long list I have a short list - 
1. Go back over the calculations I did for my scratch build project and pull together some drawings. (Something fun to do while I can’t get to actually work on a car). 

2. Make some cardboard templates from those drawings.

3. Pull out my Tamco multi-model tx (Core clone) and all the rx for it, check they work and see if I can get to grips with it. If not, put it up for sale 

4. Trim my JK body so I can fit the sliders on my chassis - somewhere for the ESC and rx to sit

Hoping I can work on item one today, the remainder will follow in the coming week depending on whether I think of something else!

• Like 2

I’m going to keep it simple this weekend-

1. Clean the Honda City Turbo

2. Clean the Wild One

3. Pack my Toyota to send out

4. Run the Konghead

• Like 1

Hit this guy with matt clear, inside, then out. Going for super cloudy.  Thin coat of white inside, too????

image.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bwaaatch said:

Hit this guy with matt clear, inside, then out. Going for super cloudy.  Thin coat of white inside, too????

image.jpg

I'd probably stick with a few coats inside and out. Might be difficult to get a fine even coat of white 

• Like 1

So my plans didn’t go quite to plan yesterday (just too busy). So reworking them for quick wins.

1. Fit battery hangers to the GCM Skeleton chassis

2. Fit sliders to that chassis

3. Trim the JK body so it fits with the sliders

4. Get the Tamco tx / rx bits together

Got a trip to work on Monday so hopefully pick up the ESC and BEC that are matched to the servo I am using on the trail rig. Assuming that is where I have left them!

I wonder if I get any of this done this weekend...?

31 minutes ago, mman2005 said:

I'd probably stick with a few coats inside and out. Might be difficult to get a fine even coat of white 

Hey hey! Like an idiot I cracked on before waiting for a reply! 
I only sprayed for about 4 seconds, but it was as you say. The paint particles are opaque, but thinly spread. So now I have a few white flecks. Not a disaster, but a warning for others 

image.jpg

• Sad 1

For me-

1 Book the courier to send out the Hilux (8kgs!)

2. Get a replacement shaft for the Konghead

3. Advertise my last spare t/x & r/x set

16 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

For me-

1 Book the courier to send out the Hilux (8kgs!) 

2. Get a replacement shaft for the Konghead 

3. Advertise my last spare t/x & r/x set

Oh wow! 8kgs!! Now that is a satisfying parcel :D

• Haha 1

On 5/30/2020 at 12:34 PM, Badcrumble said:

So my plans didn’t go quite to plan yesterday (just too busy). So reworking them for quick wins.

1. Fit battery hangers to the GCM Skeleton chassis

4. Get the Tamco tx / rx bits together

Got a trip to work on Monday so hopefully pick up the ESC and BEC that are matched to the servo I am using on the trail rig. Assuming that is where I have left them!

I wonder if I get any of this done this weekend...?

Yes! Crossed two off the list!!!

So now I have a new list - 

1. Sort out the clearance issues that still remain at the front. The servo winch is causing issues. I'm not using the front body mounts so I should just get brave and remove them. If that doesn't work, I'll be spacing the winch down a few mm.

2. Work out the ESC position. Hopefully pick the ESC tomorrow.

3. Install the battery hangers. This may mean re-working the rear suspension mounts...again.

4. Try out my 1.9 wheels and tyres - Locked Up RC wheels and BFG Mud Terrain tyres.

5. Pushing it as far down the list as possible as it means getting brave again - cut out the rear bed for battery install

Oh, and sort out that Tamico radio at some point...

• Like 3

Now need to add an item to my to do list as I forgot to mask off part of a wing I am painting :rolleyes:. Got the slow amd boring task of removing the paint

Tomorrow busy with work and giving my daughter a driving lesson so just- 

1. Remove the front shocks off the Falcon for my Lunchbox

2. Put the remains of the Falcon eBay

Need to make minor repairs/adjustments to my lads WT01. Also need to reinforce the body holes.

Had my usual Sunday Workshop Day yesterday, was a bit of a bitty-slow-day, couldn't really get a single thing up and going before running out of parts.  Anyway, I did manage make a start on my remote trailer leg project, installed the IR transmitter on the Globe Liner, painted the Celica body for the TA02, sent off some STL files to a mate to print my G6 grille, then got my Budget Bruiser off the shelf to make sure it's ready for a socially-distant crawl with a mate on Friday.  Then discovered that the axles have seized in the Budget Bruiser because I neglected to clean and oil it after the last run back in Dec or Jan or whenever it was.

So this morning I ordered a new bearing kit for the Bruiser, and some other sundries that I need to crack on with my rig projects.  Oh, and three new bodies to finish some other projects I've had lying around for ages.

Today I've learnt that a local-ish outdoor track is reopening for limited-numbers practice days, but they only race touring and they're pretty fast - so I'm considering blowing a substantial sum on a touring car.  Unless the local outdoor track re-opens it will probably be the only racing I get in before the Revival (which has now moved from end of July to start of September).

Hi, i'm new to the forum so thought i'd join in with the what i've done today crew.

I'm on the lookout for some tl-01 bits to restore my alfa 156 touring car.
Spent alot of time searching ebay/google
Ordered a new transmitter / receiver for the car tl
Cleaned the body shell on the alfa and my volvo 850
Ordered a new spur gear for my schumacher K1. hope thats allowed on a tamiya site :)
Spent many hours on ebay looking at wheels and tyres for the TL01 to make it a bit more usefull on the grass.

Still to do:

fit the brushless motor/esc combo to my blitzer beetle i got a couple of weeks ago

thats all from me

Scott

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lordbigsack said:

Hi, i'm new to the forum so thought i'd join in with the what i've done today crew.

I'm on the lookout for some tl-01 bits to restore my alfa 156 touring car.
Spent alot of time searching ebay/google
Ordered a new transmitter / receiver for the car tl
Cleaned the body shell on the alfa and my volvo 850
Ordered a new spur gear for my schumacher K1. hope thats allowed on a tamiya site :)
Spent many hours on ebay looking at wheels and tyres for the TL01 to make it a bit more usefull on the grass.

Still to do:

fit the brushless motor/esc combo to my blitzer beetle i got a couple of weeks ago

thats all from me

Scott

Welcome Scott! Sounds like you've been busy and you may need to add to the to do list ;)

I find the more you do, the more you end up adding to the list. I'm not sure it is ever truly done. :D

PS: the odd Schumacher is certainly allowed 

Mark

• Like 1

Now need to do:

• Some metal mesh for grills in my DF03 Team Azarashi shell

• A few additional stickers required to finish it off

• Source some coloured wheel nuts to go with it

Similar day tomorrow for me- work all day then another daughter having a driving lesson-

I am teaching both my 17 YO daughters to drive independently 🙈

1. I will just list 1 SRB lot tomorrow on the bay of plenty 👍