mman2005

What is the next thing on your to do list?

Finish the Jimny, with some smoke to the windows.

Start a Bowler project when the body turns up,Β 

Source some plasticard and lexan and some body fittings

So far anyway

Β 

10 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Similar day tomorrow for me- work all day then another daughter having a driving lesson-

I am teaching both my 17 YO daughters to drive independently πŸ™ˆ

Β 

Our thoughts are with you.....πŸ˜₯

• Haha 1

Bonkers busy with work- lockdown is well and truly over for me 😳

Anyhow tomorrow my plans are-

1. Unpack my Super Champ that arrived today βœ…

2. List the Vintage Sand Scorcher rolling chassis on eBay βœ…

3. Have a nice day as it’s my birthday βœ…

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Grumpy pants said:

Bonkers busy with work- lockdown is well and truly over for me 😳

Anyhow tomorrow my plans are-

1. Unpack my Super Champ that arrived todayΒ 

2. List the Vintage Sand Scorcher rolling chassis on eBay

3. Have a nice day as it’s my birthday πŸ’₯

Β 

Enjoy your birthday πŸ₯³

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

3. Have a nice day as it’s my birthday

Happy birthday πŸ₯³Β 

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Β 

Happy Birthday!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grumpy pants said:

Β 

Β 

Best wishes on your birthday!

• Thanks 1

Need to let the milliput dry on the thunder dragon before putting it back together. Hopefully it holds up

• Like 1

1. Inventory part pieces on an M03 chassis - check

2. Give the parts a good soap bath - check

3. Brush, rinse and dry the pieces

4. Put it back and order any missing pieces

5. Decide what shell/body to buy

6. Start disassembling the HotshotΒ 

.... oh boy, as write this, I cant stop thinking of the things I need to list down!!!!

Β 

Light Tamiya bits and pieces over the next couple of days-

1. Tomorrow clean up and check over the recently arrived Super Champ purchase. βœ…

603-E9-D29-9085-4303-9-A2-F-7-ED05-FDB30

2. Sunday list the SRB rolling chassis for sale. βœ…

7-DD2-EFC4-A391-4-E75-9-AC0-FE0460-A79-B

Fix today’s clumsiness πŸ™„Β 

New long ball connector needed for the bigwig, and a new screw with a bit of threadlock for the DF03

A3A7684B-C90F-46E9-A1FA-7E472D69225A.jpeg

02A30684-C3C6-4A2D-B273-3682FC8FB1F3.jpeg

While at work today, I hope to figure out how to convert my midnight pumpkin from the old switch type speed control to an ESC. Feel free to chime in recommendations of ESC. Currently rolling with stock everything from about 25+ years ago.Β 

It’s taken me a while but I’ve finally finished an insert with driver for my Landrover D90 CC01. I’m fine with kit assembly but creating an insert was a challenge as I’m not as good with fabricating..but I got there in the end 😎

It was done cheaply with ally mesh and gorilla tape and part of a plastic sausage tray πŸ˜‚

when fitted I’ll post another pic

CF28821F-7FAF-4C92-9BCA-A798126B8D7F.jpeg

• Like 3

Today’s Tamiya-

1. List 1Β item on eBay- Easy

2. Try not to buy anything Tamiya ......Not So Easy βœ… πŸ‘Œ

• Haha 5

1. Fit steel pinion to DF03

2. Ponder some more about whether or not I need a period CPR ESC

3. Ponder whether or not I can justify some DF03 being

4. Tidy up bits of RC related stuff lying around the house

Not sure there is much left for me to do at the moment. Kind of a shame but can't justify buying more models and not making use of them (although would love a clod black editionΒ :wub::wub:Β )

If I could brave the loft and find my DF03 spares, I could probably buildΒ a shelfer. Just wish I knew what I did with them allΒ :unsure::blink:

On 5/31/2020 at 10:21 PM, Badcrumble said:

So now I have a new list -Β 

1. SortΒ out the clearanceΒ issues that still remain at the front. TheΒ servo winch is causing issues. I'm not using the front body mounts so I should just get brave and remove them. If that doesn't work, I'll be spacing the winch down a few mm.

2. Work out the ESC position. Hopefully pick the ESC tomorrow.

3. Install the battery hangers.Β This may mean re-working the rear suspension mounts...again.

4. Try out my 1.9 wheels and tyres - Locked Up RC wheels and BFG Mud Terrain tyres.

5. Pushing it as far down the list as possibleΒ as it means getting brave again - cut out the rear bed for batteryΒ install

Oh, and sort out that Tamico radio at some point...

Once again, not following my list in order.

Number 5 is done. I have the ESC (number 2) but haven't checked where it can go - but I have an idea. 3 and 4 remain on the list.Β 

Really need to work on number one and then the body mods are complete.

1. Fit the newly arrived driveshaft to my Konghead.

2. Maybe charge a humpback or two and fit radio gear to supposed to be selling super Champ πŸ˜‰

Few more ticks.

Friday lunchtime I replaced all the bearings on the Budget Bruiser and took it for a socially-distant crawl with a mate in the evening.

Sunday was my big workshop day, I got the remote trailer release for the Globe Liner fabricated and installed and configured via the Beier.Β  I also finished Prototype #1 of the powered trailer leg assembly - I now need to make another and install them both on the trailer.

I had a bit of time left over so I dug out my TB01 rally car, gave it a quick going over,Β fitted a Super Stock TZ and a new 1060 ESC and test-ran it on my garden track.Β  The grass has got way too long and it got stuck.Β  I trimmed my Audi Quattro body and plonked it over the TB01, it looks absolutely awesome (I'm so in love with this body I might have to buy another just to make a shelf car), but had trouble finding any wheels that would fit with rally block tyres.Β  Considering 3D printing my own custom design in a classic OZ rally style or maybe something close to the original 5-spokes, with an angled spoke to give the impression of being deeper than it is (also being cautious of the rear wheels not having too deep a spoke as it will catch on the Evo bottom arm).

Finally, after last night's weekly VRC race session, I had a chat with some other racers who run frontie at a local indoor club and was persuaded to throw some money at a used T4F 2019 chassis on ebay.Β  So that's yet another chassis I'll have to sort out, as well as joining Cotswold Model Car Club so I can go along for some socially-distant practice sessions before racing gets going again (although realistically I probably won't have the money to put electrics in it until July when, theoretically, we will be able to go racing proper again).

• Like 1

Re-read every thing here at Tamiya Club again...............................................

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 month later...

1. Finish my dadsΒ TL01 (strip-down, add ball bearings, check motor / pinion, take out MSC and install ESC) - Done, returned to happy owner!
2. Finish my dads Alfa Romeo 156 bodyshell for said TL01 - Done, returned to happy owner!
3. Build low-friction shocks for TA-03R-S - waiting on parts in the post - Still waitingΒ <_<
4. Fit LEDs to TA-03R-S Porsche GT2 and take some nice pictures! - waiting on LEDs - Took some nice pictures, still waiting on LEDs <_<Β 
5. Paint and install rally car cockpit in the FF02 306 Maxi - not started - Still not started
6. Paint driver figure, interior, wire up LEDs for CC01 Wrangler - started! - No progress, bought another Wrangler body, not sure why?
7. Install TLU-01 in CC01 #2 - Started! - no progress
8. Trim, paint, decorate Land Rover Defender body and fit to CC01 with lights and sound unit #3 - Cut it out yesterday!!
9. Fit 2nd Gearbox into WR01 to convert it back from WT-01, wire up new 880 ESC and receiver. Fit Amarok body - Started! - Waiting on pinions in the postΒ <_<
10. Convert TA05-R to IFS suspension - waiting on parts - Done!!
11. Finish Castrol Tom's Supra 2000 body and fit onto TA-03F - waiting on MCI for the repro decals - Still waiting
12. Paint Porsche 934 Vaillant and fit to shortened F103GT - waiting on MCI decals - as above...
13. Fit Universals to 3-Racing M-chassis and mount bodyshell - waiting on parts - Fitted parts, not mounted bodyshell...yet
14. Convert MF-01X back from drift machine into off-road spec. Fit new bodyshell (been waiting for body since March...) - order for bodyshell cancelled...re-ordered from elsewhere.
15. Fix the DF-02 (Again...Β :rolleyes:) - waiting on parts - Parts arrived, not started
16. Apply stickers to RX-7 beater-body - not startedΒ 
17. Paint and decorate RX-7 shelfer bodyΒ :lol:Β - not started
18. Strip-down FAV and replace some of the rusty hardware, fit modern ESC and liberate TEU-302 BK for another project - not started
19. Fit Mercedes ML body to TT01 - started! - need to fit light buckets...
20. Start TA-02SW projectΒ :lol:Β - put all the bits in a box...
21. Convert DT-02 front axles to run hex-drive (for fitting 4WD wheels) - waiting on parts - Done!!!
22. Build stable-mate for Castrol Tom's SupraΒ :ph34r:Β - waiting on bodyshell, ordered from L&L yesterday! - Bodyshell not great quality, Core RC Paint ruined it anyway. Binned.
23. Shorten M-06 to 210mm and throw away Jizz-rider steering setup, which is sloppier than kit plastic partsΒ :rolleyes:Β - Shortened it, but bodyshell didn't fit over lardy-bum rear motor housing. Ordered some decent steering parts.

That's not a lot of progress in a month!!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

1 month later...

1. Finish my dadsΒ TL01 (strip-down, add ball bearings, check motor / pinion, take out MSC and install ESC) - Done, returned to happy owner!
2. Finish my dads Alfa Romeo 156 bodyshell for said TL01 - Done, returned to happy owner!
3. Build low-friction shocks for TA-03R-S - waiting on parts in the post - Still waitingΒ <_<
4. Fit LEDs to TA-03R-S Porsche GT2 and take some nice pictures! - waiting on LEDs - Took some nice pictures, still waiting on LEDs <_<Β 
5. Paint and install rally car cockpit in the FF02 306 Maxi - not started - Still not started
6. Paint driver figure, interior, wire up LEDs for CC01 Wrangler - started! - No progress, bought another Wrangler body, not sure why?
7. Install TLU-01 in CC01 #2 - Started! - no progress
8. Trim, paint, decorate Land Rover Defender body and fit to CC01 with lights and sound unit #3 - Cut it out yesterday!!
9. Fit 2nd Gearbox into WR01 to convert it back from WT-01, wire up new 880 ESC and receiver. Fit Amarok body - Started! - Waiting on pinions in the postΒ <_<
10. Convert TA05-R to IFS suspension - waiting on parts - Done!!
11. Finish Castrol Tom's Supra 2000 body and fit onto TA-03F - waiting on MCI for the repro decals - Still waiting
12. Paint Porsche 934 Vaillant and fit to shortened F103GT - waiting on MCI decals - as above...
13. Fit Universals to 3-Racing M-chassis and mount bodyshell - waiting on parts - Fitted parts, not mounted bodyshell...yet
14. Convert MF-01X back from drift machine into off-road spec. Fit new bodyshell (been waiting for body since March...) - order for bodyshell cancelled...re-ordered from elsewhere.
15. Fix the DF-02 (Again...Β :rolleyes:) - waiting on parts - Parts arrived, not started
16. Apply stickers to RX-7 beater-body - not startedΒ 
17. Paint and decorate RX-7 shelfer bodyΒ :lol:Β - not started
18. Strip-down FAV and replace some of the rusty hardware, fit modern ESC and liberate TEU-302 BK for another project - not started
19. Fit Mercedes ML body to TT01 - started! - need to fit light buckets...
20. Start TA-02SW projectΒ :lol:Β - put all the bits in a box...
21. Convert DT-02 front axles to run hex-drive (for fitting 4WD wheels) - waiting on parts - Done!!!
22. Build stable-mate for Castrol Tom's SupraΒ :ph34r:Β - waiting on bodyshell, ordered from L&L yesterday! - Bodyshell not great quality, Core RC Paint ruined it anyway. Binned.
23. Shorten M-06 to 210mm and throw away Jizz-rider steering setup, which is sloppier than kit plastic partsΒ :rolleyes:Β - Shortened it, but bodyshell didn't fit over lardy-bum rear motor housing. Ordered some decent steering parts.

That's not a lot of progress in a month!!

But still positive progress and nice to take something off

• Like 2

Now that my Hornet resto is nearly complete (only body to finish) I have decided what to tackle next.

After digging through my Falcon box to measure some shocks for @TheOtherGuy, I came across my very first 'proper' RC.

This won't be a typical 'pretty it up, make it like new' resto.

It will be ugly, and retain all the scars that gave me so much enjoyment over the years. B)

Β 

My list is currently short, and exclusively bodyshell-related:

• Fix the rear wing on my nephew's rally car
  • Do a neater job of painting the underside of my G6-01 delivery truck shell (probably pointless as nobody will see it unless I roll it, but it will make me feel better knowing it looks tidy)
  • Consider whether I am ever going to do anything with my stock unused Konghead shell, and put it up for sale if I'm not

Β 

On 5/20/2020 at 9:31 AM, howaboutme said:

Good topic:

1. Finish up my TT-02 upgrade. Been positing some of that lately. Waiting on the final (hopefully) bling, the steering upgrade.Β - Steering upgrade done. Waiting on "one more" upgrade rear hub from RCMart.

2. HotShot re-re upgrade (MIP ball diff, HS to SHS shocks, brushless and lipo)Β - Took off rear wing and body, unplugged motor/esc wires and looked at it.

3. Build a NIB DT-03 racing fighter chrome edition. Thinking of doing it all stock and then upgrade later like what I"m doing for my TT-02. I like stretching 1 projectΒ toΒ 2 (or more) projects with one car.

4. Look for another RC10 project. I have the Worlds Car re-re from a few years back and looking for a vintage or something interesting.

Can't decide if I want to do #3 before #2 though....Tough times.

Updates above in bold.