Sign in to follow this  
Finnsllc

Part tree discontinued

As I wasted the diff covers on my dn01 I need replacement part tree 19115304  I looked at Tony’s as well as internet search. Can’t seem to track the part down. Does anyone know a compatible part number for the k tree I need? Thanks so much

so put the kyosho gear diff in it :P, and if you do not want to do it, 

I have those parts and I have the trf 201 metal ball diff outdrives that replaces the plastic ones.

I use the kyosho gear diff myself.

I see you are in the states so I do not know what the shipping cost are, but you can have them for free If you pay me the shipping cost

49916333336_698fcffd49_c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The cheapest shipping cost that I could find was 26 euro with dhl and then I do not know how it is with extra cost with customs charges in the states, so maybe it is cheaper to buy the kyosho gear diff, I had replied you on the mail for the kyosho diff, and it is not that hard to do.

I may have them, but this is why i tell everyone to upgrade to the trf 201 metal drive cups. The dn01 plastic ones get stuck trying to rebuild the diff. I will look for you and let you know. I think to be honest i sent a pair to someone last year on here. 

1 hour ago, Finnsllc said:

As I wasted the diff covers on my dn01 I need replacement part tree 19115304  I looked at Tony’s as well as internet search. Can’t seem to track the part down. Does anyone know a compatible part number for the k tree I need? Thanks so much

I don’t have, those were the pieces i mailed out to someone last year like i thought, sorry. You are better off ordering trf 201 diff joint 19804410

Tamico.de seems to have them in stock. 11 euro for the part and cheapest shipping is 12 euro by DPD. But to get a better 'parts cost to shipping cost' ratio, you can always order more RC stuff from the website. :lol:

I ordered 2 L parts trees from germany this week. Germany post will not ship small packages bigger than 2 cm thick. So you may have to go with dhl. It may cost an extra $10-20 to ship by them. 
Try this shop in Germany

http://www.sakaguchinetshop.com
his name is Dai and was extremely helpful and had alot of trf 201 parts. 

The kyosho  umw 604 complete diff is 22.50 dollar at amian hobbies and has 2 dollar shipping and is the states so you can have it fast dilevered to.

I don not like the ball diff in the zahhak after 3 runs I replaced it with the kyosho and run about 70 times with it without any problem, the ball diff has a lot of maintenance and do not like high powered brushless motors

45 minutes ago, dannymulder said:

The kyosho  umw 604 complete diff is 22.50 dollar at amian hobbies and has 2 dollar shipping and is the states so you can have it fast dilevered to.

I don not like the ball diff in the zahhak after 3 runs I replaced it with the kyosho and run about 70 times with it without any problem, the ball diff has a lot of maintenance and do not like high powered brushless motors

Is the kyosho diff a direct fit?

11 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

Is the kyosho diff a direct fit?

no  you have to grind a little in the gearbox, I used a dremel for the ribs and a 15mm grindstone in a drill to grind a little out of where the bearings fit in the gearbox, it was not hard if you take your time and grind off very little each time and fitt the diff in between grinding the case untill it fits. 

Here is the link wat to do grind of http://site.petitrc.com/setup/tamiya/setuptrf201x/TRF201X_JulienParnot_GearDiffInstall/

• Like 1

I might consider it, you’re right that the ball diff Does not hold up well regardless of how you set it. I’ve rebuilt mine probably 5 or 6 times. I still have 4 sets of diff plates and  thrust bearings to rebuild. Plus a few of each internals for the gearbox. 

20 minutes ago, Rb4276 said:

I might consider it, you’re right that the ball diff Does not hold up well regardless of how you set it. I’ve rebuilt mine probably 5 or 6 times. I still have 4 sets of diff plates and  thrust bearings to rebuild. Plus a few of each internals for the gearbox. 

jep after 3 runs I was done with the ball diff, and I had build it with the metal trf 201 outdrives from the start but I could not get it right, and it was gritty after 3 runs, so I put in the kyosho diff and never looked back it is in the car for 4 years now without any maintenance.

If you really wanted to make the gearbox bombproof, I have a steel idle gear in it from a serpent spider srx-2,  I had stripped the idle gear the gear is the same size as the tamiya one  and fit without mods, and I have a 32 pitch team associated spur gear on mine fits without mods if you use the slipper clutch.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

Not the slightest offence intended from my side, but I think we all should be careful about claiming parts to be discontinued. I know shops and Tamiya distributors are eager and quick to inform that a part has been discontinued by Tamiya when they don't have it in stock anymore and/or don't care to order it.  Sometimes it's correct, but in many cases, probably most, it's not correct and the part in question isn't discontinued by Tamiya at all and can easily be sourced in other shops, countries and indeed from Tamiya Japan.

In this specific case, I quickly checked three random sources and all still have ample stock. Also, in the  Tamiya 2020 Volume 1 RC Line-Up, the latest and current official Tamiya RC catalog,  the Zahhak DN-01 kit is still listed as available, so I see no reason to believe that parts for the kit have been discontinued. 

2 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

Not the slightest offence intended from my side, but I think we all should be careful about claiming parts to be discontinued. I know shops and Tamiya distributors are eager and quick to inform that a part has been discontinued by Tamiya when they don't have it in stock anymore and/or don't care to order it.  Sometimes it's correct, but in many cases, probably most, it's not correct and the part in question isn't discontinued by Tamiya at all and can easily be sourced in other shops, countries and indeed from Tamiya Japan.

In this specific case, I quickly checked three random sources and all still have ample stock. Also, in the  Tamiya 2020 Volume 1 RC Line-Up, the latest and current official Tamiya RC catalog,  the Zahhak DN-01 kit is still listed as available, so I see no reason to believe that parts for the kit have been discontinued. 

Then Tamiya must do something about the distributors and get there parts support on track, I made a topic for this that some rere cars and  cars have a very poor parts support, I have bought a ta-03rs porshe gt 911 rere,  but there are only old stock parts around, but no new stock parts

Then the same with the new terra scorcher they bring out the car but no parts, I wanted to buy one but thats holding me off, the same for the txt-02 agrios is not discontinued but there are almost no parts for it, you can buy some parts from tamiya usa but they do not ship to europe so that is not good also.

They could sell more cars if they have better parts support, if they have a better support then I bought the txt-02 agrios and the terra scorcher now I do not, and there are a lot more models that have poor  parts support and thats holding people off to buy them, and I am not the only one here complaining about it 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dannymulder said:

Then Tamiya must do something about the distributors and get there parts support on track, I made a topic for this that some rere cars and  cars have a very poor parts support, I have bought a ta-03rs porshe gt 911 rere,  but there are only old stock parts around, but no new stock parts

Then the same with the new terra scorcher they bring out the car but no parts, I wanted to buy one but thats holding me off, the same for the txt-02 agrios is not discontinued but there are almost no parts for it, you can buy some parts from tamiya usa but they do not ship to europe so that is not good also.

They could sell more cars if they have better parts support, if they have a better support then I bought the txt-02 agrios and the terra scorcher now I do not, and there are a lot more models that have poor  parts support and thats holding people off to buy them, and I am not the only one here complaining about it 

Fully agree. Tamiya isn't the problem. The distributors are. There exist some good/very good distributors, but most are mediocre and a quite a few are downright bad. I have wondered for many years why Tamiya doesn't rectify this problem properly. Possibly because the markets in many countries are insignificant compared to Japan and the few other large markets and finding potentially good distributors simply is very hard. Sad all the same.

• Like 1

Agree with MK, the problem is the distributors. Danny, like me, you are in The Netherlands and we are dependent on the German distributor for many years now. And this is part of the problem. If they don't stock parts for Germany we don't get them also. When Reijne was still distributor for our country it was a lot easier to get parts. Let's hope for the best that the situation improves.

The terra scorcher re-re parts?

The only spares you will need really is few sets of tyres (if you run on tarmac)

If your jumping it or going faster than 20t probably best to buy another manufacturer

6 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

trf 201 diff joint 19804410

so these take the place of the plastic diff part i fried? if, im ordering asap

I know we have had this before, but in my opinion blaming the distributors for not stocking tiny amounts of random parts (the dn01 sold in tiny numbers compared most other buggies) is exactly what distributors would avoid. Long term, slow moving stockholding kills cashflow. In this day and age Tamiya should just have a webshop with all their parts available that thry are still able to make, even if on long lead time. Ship worldwide. 

Regarding the DN01 ball diff parts, having melted multiple, get the TRF201 metal diff plates. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

I know we have had this before, but in my opinion blaming the distributors for not stocking tiny amounts of random parts (the dn01 sold in tiny numbers compared most other buggies) is exactly what distributors would avoid. Long term, slow moving stockholding kills cashflow. In this day and age Tamiya should just have a webshop with all their parts available that thry are still able to make, even if on long lead time. Ship worldwide. 

I fully understand why shops and distributors are reluctant to stock (and order) parts they know will or expect to hurt revenue, either by selling little, with a tiny profitmargin and even possibly ending up as surplus stock.

Still, I think it's fair to expect spare parts to be available for any product that is supposed to last some time and has a significant price. I don't expect to get spare parts for the toys coming from chewing gum vending machines or Ferrero Surprise Eggs. However, when I buy a vacuum cleaner, TV, a bike or whatever at a price of hundreds or thousands of EUR/GBP/USD (or currency of similar value) from a shop/distributor in my country, I will normally not accept to be told that they don't have and don't care to get spare parts when I need it within a few years after the product has been discontinued, or worse, when it's still available (which is the case of the DN-01).  Especially not if the "justification" for not providing any spare parts service is that they don't make enough profit selling spare parts and/or because the product I need the parts for "didn't /doesn't sell enough to justify a certain spare parts availability".

One can argue that spare parts and service in general are an unwelcome part of selling products when it has an insignificant or even negative impact on profit, but is it really a legitimate excuse for selling products and not caring to offer any  or just inadequate aftermarket service for them?  And that's exactly how I distinguish between a good and a bad Tamiya distributor in the context of my comments earlier in this thread.

• Like 2

@Mokei Kagaku also. I’m in USA. So it can be tough over here to get parts without waiting weeks to get them and pay high shipping. But thank u for the links. I do believe my first comment was based on Tamiya showing it discontinued. If they are discontinuing parts that’s a problem.