mongoose1983

WTD Kyosho Scorpion small rear metal bit

I know, I know this might be a super long shot. This bit in my car is ruined for good. If you have one, or know where can I find one of these please help me. This is for the original car.

https://i.imgur.com/NfUwApc.jpg

Y'all stay safe and a have a good Thursday! :)

9 hours ago, catman79 said:

hi, this is the set from the re release, which i imagine will still fit your car and get you beck on the road.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/22006863335

the part number from the original car is sc-86. ive not managed to locate one of these tho!

Thanks for sharing the information, but oh, for heaven's sake why on earth these guys can't do anything just like the things we grew up with, d*mn! https://tamiyabase.com/media/kunena/emoticons/crying.gif I was already looking at the buggy as some cool paperweight. I mean, I knew this was kind of a super long shot but not completely impossible. :(

The part you have seems to look ok Erich , has the mounting thread been stripped from below?, could you get the thread recut if it is that ? or get the part remade ?

• Like 1

Yes, Kev. The piece would look okay to any eye, but it's somehow stripped from below. It was ruined by the original owner, but I've no problems with the man because I got it cheap. It is gutting though to see everything nice and ready to be tested, and then noticing something so small will keep you from enjoying the car. Re-cutting the thread, if possible, would require a thicker screw, am I wrong? If so then I'd have to enlarge the hole on the mount bit. I don't know. I grew up doubting Kyosho's quality, you know you get deceived by the looks most the times. I've worked on about ten different SRB chassis the last decade and never saw anything like this happening, not a single time. By now I'll keep the car as a paperweight.

• Like 1

I have loads of spare parts from the re-re Scorpion, including carbon shock towers and an old CRP suspension shaft. If you’re willing to cover shipping from SoCal, you have any parts you want for free.

49920506183_27f887dd01_b.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

I have loads of spare parts from the re-re Scorpion, including carbon shock towers and an old CRP suspension shaft. If you’re willing to cover shipping from SoCal, you have any parts you want for free.

Thank you. That's a beautiful gesture! Are you sure those black bits work just the original ones?

If they work, I know I will be able to help @catman79 afterwards to get the one his Scorpion buggy is missing. :y::y:

Here they are installed.  The outside post is taller - if I recall correctly, Kyosho wanted to correct the rear camber so the pivot shaft is angled. It takes son trial and error to get the posts installed so the angles are correct.  These will fit your car.  Again, if I recall correctly the major differences in the vintage and the re-re are the trans gears and countersunk chassis screws.

49922007352_37d63dfe5e_b.jpg

All yours

49922007377_f78d7b7e97_b.jpg

Let me know what other parts you need.  I have a habit of modifying over 80% of my cars, leaving me with tons of OEM parts that sit in boxes in my closet.  I'd like to see someone get some use out of this mess.  Have a look at the Rogue Element engraved roof - can you use it?

49922007372_9718313114_b.jpg

• Like 2

The old one also has the angle. The outer post is taller.

1 hour ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

49922007377_f78d7b7e97_b.jpg

Thank you! I don't think I need the front bar, fortunately mine is in good condition.

Before you mentioned that, I was thinking oh, that custom roof is beautiful.

I will send you a message to make contact. :y:

And I am happy I will be able to help our other friend with the bit to complete his car. :)

• Like 2