Clodbusterfan

Would anyone work on my Radio Shack Golden Arrow?

I have a Radio Shack Golden Arrow that i want someone to tear out all the electronics and add aftermarket electronics to it. (ESC, motor, radio/receiver, and steering servo.) I would use this motor but not sure on ESC...

https://usa.banggood.com/53068-RS540-OP68-Sport-Engine-Tuned-23T-Brushed-High-Speed-Motor-for-1-or-10-RC-Vehicles-Truck-Models-p-1658625.html?utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_organic&gpla=1&gmcCountry=US&utm_content=shopping&utm_campaign=usg-pc&currency=USD&createTmp=1&utm_source=googleshopping&utm_medium=cpc_bgcs&utm_content=frank&utm_campaign=frank-ssc-usg-all-newcustom-ncv90-0420-19cov&ad_id=432153545270&gclid=Cj0KCQjwzZj2BRDVARIsABs3l9KKYmz9ymRWE0X1o5t1oYxqMj9rQEMQap9E1APJH1ei52MuZmJ4dq8aAuj7EALw_wcB&cur_warehouse=CN

How much would someone charge me to do this? Here is a video how a guy did his on youtube: I wouldn't want the gearbox messed with. How much cash would you need to upgrade this for me?

Isn't that basically a Hornet with a Kyosho motor?  You could totally handle that yourself I'd think.  That's some of the most fun of these cars, is taking things apart and wrenching upgrades into them.  Give it a shot.

• Like 2

Why not have a go yourself ? I fitted modern electrics and radio gear into a small Taiyo Jet Hopper and used original 360 motor and a 7.2 flat battery pack (6 x AA cells) and this buggy is much smaller than a 1/10th.

7 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

You could totally handle that yourself I'd think

Beat me to it

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We'll all help you along the way. 

I've just done exactly that to an old Tamiya Quick Drive Thunder Dragon and hit over 45mph!!!!

Ok so I crashed on the 48mph run but here's a 40mph run on a 30 year old car. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Clodbusterfan said:

I am getting my Falcon to run again and just bought myself the Quickrun 1060. my main reasons for buying:
- it works for NiMH packs and LiPo packs with a voltage cutoff for LiPo.
- it features the safety that throttle is cut-off when the transmitter/receiver are out of range. (my first attempt with the mechanical speed controller resulted in a runaway and some damage).
- it works as a powersupply for the receiver. (called BEC)

I didn't have any knowledge about ESC's only some hours of reading online. I do have some questions about the Hobbywing 1060 but i'll post that in another thread.

Have a crack yourself. B)

Internet searches and questions thrown up here will get you through it.

• Like 1