metalheadDad

UPDATED: Completed Photos - My First Hornet Build... but not last

The front shocks are non-existent. At the front, there are just springs on long screws that move through holes in the chassis as the suspension compresses. The only damping comes from o-rings that the screws slide through.

Getting a Sport Tuned is a good idea, but personally I would put it in the Hornet, which is quite capable of handling the extra power if you add an AmPro rear suspension brace. For the Hotshot I would get a GT Tuned. I have my Hornet and Hotshot thus equipped, and they run very well. 

2 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

The front shocks are non-existent. At the front, there are just springs on long screws that move through holes in the chassis as the suspension compresses. The only damping comes from o-rings that the screws slide through.

Getting a Sport Tuned is a good idea, but personally I would put it in the Hornet, which is quite capable of handling the extra power if you add an AmPro rear suspension brace. For the Hotshot I would get a GT Tuned. I have my Hornet and Hotshot thus equipped, and they run very well. 

Which pinion you using on the Hotshot ? 

8 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Which pinion you using on the Hotshot ? 

I am using a Carson 15t 0.8 module steel one from Tamico.