Heliwilly

1/6 Honda CB750F chainset

Hi All, 

This is my first post on here, so be gentle. 
I am building a 1/6 scale Honda CB750F. What I want to do is to fit it with a metal chainset and the appropriate cogs on the gearbox and rear wheel. 
I can find the 12674 Assembly chainset, for the realistic chain but I can’t seem to find the cogs for the gearbox and rear wheel. Can a member point me in the right direction to find them?

Thanks

Bill W.

• Like 1

Hi Bill

This Club is basically for the RC side of Tamiya, but hopefully someone will have had experience with your kit and provide you a response. Cheers

• Like 1

I might be able to help as I do static stuff as well. I have an Africa Twin under the bed to do one day. Let me have a think and I’ll see what I can find out

• Like 2

The one member who knows a lot about static and motorbike models is @mcovalsk Mario is not going to return to TamiyaClub, but I spoke with him just a couple of weeks ago. Great guy.

You might want to have a look at his international website here: http://www.modelersite.com/en/

http://www.modelersite.com/en/1684/building-the-honda-cb750-four--step-by-step-tamiya-1-6-scale

photo_073_small1.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. Is there a site/forum that deals with the Tamiya models especially the 1/6 scale motorcycles.

Thanks

Bill W.

Got my box out from under the bed. Working on the principle that Tamiya work to a formula there are no metal cogs/sprockets. When you use the kit plastic chain it comes in two halves and is solid so when it is fixed in place it locks the rear wheel by trapping the cog. When you use the chain set it is made of individual links as a real one which allows the chain and cog mesh as in real life. I am not 100% certain about this but that is the way it works on the Africa Twin which is the same scale. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Heliwilly said:

Thanks for the replies. Is there a site/forum that deals with the Tamiya models especially the 1/6 scale motorcycles.

Thanks

Bill W.

You would have to google it. I’ve never tried too deep a hole to climb into😱

Busdriver,

With the Honda CB750F the gearbox sprocket, chain and rear wheel Sprocket are moulded as one piece. When fitted effectively lock the rear wheel. My logic is, if they make a chain kit, there must be individual gearbox and rear wheel sprockets? Just knowing where to find them. As it is my first 1/6 scale I am needing all the help I can. The ironic thing is that the complete chain and sprockets  are availableFor the 1/12 scale.

Thanks

Bill 

30 minutes ago, Heliwilly said:

Busdriver,

With the Honda CB750F the gearbox sprocket, chain and rear wheel Sprocket are moulded as one piece. When fitted effectively lock the rear wheel. My logic is, if they make a chain kit, there must be individual gearbox and rear wheel sprockets? Just knowing where to find them. As it is my first 1/6 scale I am needing all the help I can. The ironic thing is that the complete chain and sprockets  are availableFor the 1/12 scale.

Thanks

Bill 

Good point. I was only basing my thoughts on what I had. Do you have the metal chain set? Is there any chance it comes with the sprockets etc?

The Tamiya. Chain set only comes with plastic chain links and 

metal rollers. No sprockets at all. I first made Tamiya motorcycles in the 1960’s And I must say that the quality of the kits then were fantastic compared to today’s kits. Have they been bought out at all in the intervening years. I have been looking on the internet for Tamiya kits forums, but not a lot around. I Will have to keep trawling round.

thanks

Bill W.

11 hours ago, Heliwilly said:

Interesting but this part number is the one listed for my Africa Twin. Was one always available for the CB750?

As you say, the part number is the same. In all honesty, I think I ordered it in error as the Africa twin has separate gearbox and wheel sprockets but has a fixed chain. The earlier CB750 Kits had the same setup. I suspect in the interest of keeping the price down they manufactured the latest batch with the gearbox sprocket, chain and rear wheel sprocket all moulded as a single unit. Crap, but cheap. I will just hang on to the chainset and see if I can get an Africa Twin to use it on.
Thanks for your help

Bill W.

2 minutes ago, Heliwilly said:

I will just hang on to the chainset and see if I can get an Africa Twin to use it on.

And this is how it begins.........