Problemchild

Monster beetle / frog gearbox fix - a new strengthener

On 6/28/2020 at 8:28 PM, Xeostar said:

Hi,

Yes I can send worldwide no problem. Shipping outside of Europe is an additional £4 for up to two brackets in the one shipment.

I'll drop you a PM with the details :-)

Thanks,

Pete 

Hi Pete. Been away for a while. Are these still available. I had my name in the list. How do I pay you. I'm in UK

Thanks

3 minutes ago, slimleeroy said:

Hi Pete. Been away for a while. Are these still available. I had my name in the list. How do I pay you. I'm in UK

Thanks

Hi,

Yes sure still available, I've just dropped you a PM with the details :).

Pete

RJDMeEs.jpg

Test fit on my latest ORV project. This is my buddy’s OG Frog. Tranny case and sides are original, with all new NIB vintage internals and CRP #1608 bearing cups.

There is a slight gap. I could probably crank the nuts down and close it, but I want some diff action. NBD. I like that variations in how tight you make it allows changes in the diff action.

I like the wrap around too.  Allows me to save my CRP #3045 skid plate for a future project.  This ORV is for my daughter so I don’t need all the extra hop-ups on the rear.  This will work perfectly.

Many thanks to all involved!

Terry

• Like 3

I wonder how hard it would be to 3D print the entire Tranny Case via 2 halves???  But then again, why reinvent the tranny???

Beers...

Terry

• Like 1

@Problemchild

you can put me off your list. I just ordered via Ebay.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

I wonder how hard it would be to 3D print the entire Tranny Case via 2 halves???  But then again, why reinvent the tranny???

I did actually mention this to Pete a while back and he was going to make a prototype , don't know if he did - Pete ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

I did actually mention this to Pete a while back and he was going to make a prototype , don't know if he did - Pete ?

Yes but I didn't get very far to be honest, my pesky day job keeps wanting me to do stuff. It really eats in to my RC time!! :D.

They are still on my list to complete though :-)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Frog Jumper said:

RJDMeEs.jpg

Test fit on my latest ORV project. This is my buddy’s OG Frog. Tranny case and sides are original, with all new NIB vintage internals and CRP #1608 bearing cups.

There is a slight gap. I could probably crank the nuts down and close it, but I want some diff action. NBD. I like that variations in how tight you make it allows changes in the diff action.

I like the wrap around too.  Allows me to save my CRP #3045 skid plate for a future project.  This ORV is for my daughter so I don’t need all the extra hop-ups on the rear.  This will work perfectly.

Many thanks to all involved!

Terry

Those look great and should offer some nice protection :)

You are right there is a small gap between the two halves. It was to ensure the two halves didn't touch in the middle before the diff got supported. I made it as small as I thought I could get away with and still get them to function. :D

• Like 1

Just wanted to post that I received mine in the US!  About 5 weeks all told.  Pretty much what I had expected with the whole COVID issue.  Beautiful piece.  Will probably be a bit before I get it installed though!  Thanks again!

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, tamiya3speed said:

Just wanted to post that I received mine in the US!  About 5 weeks all told.  Pretty much what I had expected with the whole COVID issue.  Beautiful piece.  Will probably be a bit before I get it installed though!  Thanks again!

6 minutes ago, slimleeroy said:

Just like to vouch these are very good quality and work wonders

Glad all went well - awesome stuff

JJ

• Like 2

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback and so glad they arrived, finally :-). The post has been so variable of late, to the US for example some only took a couple of weeks others sound more like 5 weeks! 

As @Problemchild mentioned I've been giving my test mule a good running and sparing no punches. Its running 2s with a 6000kv motor so got too much punch really.

Even the kids have had ago and they only do 0 or 100% throttle :-)

So far no gearbox or drive train issues , other bits not so much. Gone through a few body mounts and steering knuckles! These old models are really overwhelmed with brushless/lipo power but they are fun. :-) 

IMG-20200625-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20200625-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20200627-WA0003.jpg

• Like 1

Received my order today (purchased via ebay) in Japan.  Works great!!!  My goal was to be able to drive my Blackfoot however I pleased and simply never bother with any diff issues.  I've gone the MIP route with my Monster Beetle, and as such have the stock transmission gears unused as spares.  Figured I'd give this a try as it is much more cost effective and I'm glad I did. Looks great installed and withstood probably the worst I'm going to throw at it.  Great job guys!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just ordered a pair.  One will go on my MIP diff re-re blackfoot and the other on my soon to be Frog resto project.  Looking forward to them!

• Like 2

Just now, justsomedude said:

Ordered some off eBay for my Monster Beetle re-re!

Thanks for making these!! 

No probs - I saw a gap but my much more talented friend @Xeostar designed and made them as he does some exceptional design work :)

im his minion haha

JJ

• Haha 2

On 8/10/2020 at 4:30 PM, Problemchild said:

@justsomedude 

Yeah of course - if you from @Xeostar a pm then you can order or if you want the security of buying through eBay and PayPal then you can do that too.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/184346083896

JJ

Just came in to check on these as I had a very clicky run last night with my mheald-braced MB so wanted to try one of these and the listing's gone?

8 hours ago, Rich T UK said:

Just came in to check on these as I had a very clicky run last night with my mheald-braced MB so wanted to try one of these and the listing's gone?

Hi Rich T,

Yeah I sold all I had and thought I'd pretty much serviced the demand for now. I was going to give it a little time and do a new run at some time in the future. 

If you would like one though I can do one (or more) for you no problem. I'll drop you a PM.

Pete :)

• Like 1