Problemchild

Monster beetle / frog gearbox fix - a new strengthener

Only had a couple of runs with mine @Xeostar, but that's 4 battery packs through it. It's running spot on with no signs of any clicking whatsoever👍👍👍

• Like 1

Works for me. No problems.  I want to upgrade motor from stock silver can when I get a chance

• Like 1

My brothers MB and BF run perfect with the braces. Both cars run a black Sport Tuned motor and no problems. The best upgrade you can have for the gearbox.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Wranger said:

Hi @Problemchild,

Do you still fabricate these strengtheners for the Monster beetle clicking gearbox?  If so, I’d like 2 sets please. 

thanks,

Wranger

Hiya - it's my friend @Xeostar that prints them. If you drop him a PM he may be able to help.

ta

JJ

Installed on the new build monster beetle and appears to working well at the back end!

- shame about the front end though - have tried to make the steering arms parallel with the suspension - which I have but when turning on full lock the ball joints foul the tyres.....

20221019_163803.jpg

20221019_163828.jpg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gizard said:

Installed on the new build monster beetle and appears to working well at the back end!

- shame about the front end though - have tried to make the steering arms parallel with the suspension - which I have but when turning on full lock the ball joints foul the tyres.....

20221019_163803.jpg

20221019_163828.jpg

Looks great - maybe need to adjust your end points on your transmitter :)

JJ

• Like 1

I raised the wheel end of the steering rods (with 2xPC case motherboard brass supports each side) a little too much so that they are next to the widest part of the tire when cornering and the tyre flexes it hits the rod end, so I have now removed one of the spaces each side but have not tested it yet to see the effect.

• Like 2

Count me in too, it wouldn't hurt to have one just as some extra protection in case if the back end hits something.

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 1:32 PM, RC63! said:

image.jpeg.5191fc64bedf357fd797b4ba48b10469.jpegcan I still purchase of of these for the frog?

thanks 

Ditto

• Like 1