Problemchild

Monster beetle / frog gearbox fix - a new strengthener

Nice :) thanks for the photo. That seems to blend in like it was always was intend to be there. 

• Like 1

Yes , it is great bit of kit . I re-made the CRP bumper brackets to fit over the brace , and my own 'skid plate' fits in there too  . I've got another to fit to my Beetle at some point :)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, KEV THE REV said:

Hi Pete , I've got one bolted to my Frog

P7010004.JPG

P7010001.JPG

That looks fantastic 

JJ

• Like 1

It’s got to a sorry state when my beetle gearbox is constantly outliving the bodywork and chassis components  ;)

mLzW80E.jpg

HHcz2LH.jpg

JJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

It’s got to a sorry state when my beetle gearbox is constantly outliving the bodywork and chassis components  ;)

mLzW80E.jpg

HHcz2LH.jpg

JJ

I still have my original 1990 monster beetle in good condition.  It only survived so well because the gearbox never lasted long enough for me to wreck the body.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Hi @Xeostar, in case you're gauging interest for another production run, I'm currently stripping and rebuilding my original Mud Blaster so would be interested in a pair of your braces for my build, please.  Thanks!

• Like 1

Gents @Xeostar has been mid workshop move - I’m sure he will be along any min now to take some orders if his 3D printer hasn’t melted in this heat ;)

JJ

• Haha 1

Hi, Sorry if I've missed any messages.   As @Problemchild mentioned I've been building a new workshop and it seems to have taken ages!!! Work kept getting in the way too.

If you would like any braces I'll get a some going when I get back from holiday on Friday. If you drop a note on this thread I'll send you a DM back  :D

Couple of pics of the new Tamiya shed if anybody is interested.

20210615_090006.jpg

20210612_093141.jpg

• Like 12

Oh wow that's amazing! What a man-cave...not the slightest bit jealous... :D

Just reconfirming my intest in 1x pair of braces for me, please. Cheers!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 3:03 AM, Problemchild said:

mLzW80E.jpg

HHcz2LH.jpg

JJ

How is that aluminum brace holding up? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BattleTrak said:

How is that aluminum brace holding up? 

Still trying to rescue the shell at the moment :(

JJ

• Like 1

Had a frog bitd, and hated it due to the gearbox woes, always fancied a Brat, and put off by the aforementioned.

By the cracking feedback, looking like I'll be keeping my eye out on eBay for a Brat...😳😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wooders28 said:

Had a frog bitd, and hated it due to the gearbox woes, always fancied a Brat, and put off by the aforementioned.

By the cracking feedback, looking like I'll be keeping my eye out on eBay for a Brat...😳😁

Defo - go for it :)

JJ

• Like 1

Hi,

The bolts I've been waiting for have finally arrived, not sure why they took so long, but I've got a few more sets of braces ready to go now.

If anybody is interested in a set drop me a PM and I'll message you back with more details. 

They are £9.99 for the first brace, £6.99 for each after that, plus £4 for international shipping (outside of the UK) if needed.

Any questions just let me know. :-) 

Thanks,

Pete

20210802_184244.jpg

• Like 4

Just wanted to jump in and say that these braces from Peter are worth every penny if you're putting together any ORV chassis.  Fit & finish is perfect, and they work!  My father and I built a couple of Blackfoot 2016's with these braces and have not had a single one of the annoying gearbox issues that are typical with these chassis, it's been a real pleasure to run the Blackfoot hard with confidence.  Just ordered a couple more for our Monster Beetles.  

• Like 3

I got these a year or so ago for my Frog and been very happy with it. It does it's job really well and looks the part! 

Doesn't quite look as smart as that workshop though... that's something else, wow!

frog_08.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Frankster said:

Great Frog.  Can you list out the mode you did?

Thanks :) There's a thread with some of the bits for it here

I did look into getting the MIP ball diff, but when you compare the price of that to this.... Considering it's just run for fun, and this stops things falling apart just fine, I think it's perfect

• Like 2

Great service from Pete: a quick exchange of PMs and a couple of days later the braces landed on my doormat all nicely packaged up.  Looking forward to getting them installed on my Mud Blaster! 

Thanks again @Xeostar ! B)

• Like 3

I need to replace my beetle shell and get the 3s brushless beast running again 

it’s an amazing car with the reliability it needs now

i know I’ve posted this before but….

JJ

• Like 1

Because of the power going through my beetle, the shell was destroyed :(

mLzW80E.jpg

new shell 

new look 

PpullE1.jpg