matisse

(Aqro)Shot to the Heart! - DT03 T/B

*apologies to NJ’s second favourite son JBJ for the title*

But man was I Livin’ on a Prayer hoping to find anything in stock in these difficult times, seems like any Tamiya kit is Wanted Dead or Alive.  But when hope was lost I Kept the Faith and Fusion restarted their webshop coming though with the Aqroshot like a Blaze of Glory. 

Selling the Top Force was Bad Medicine but getting this basher is sweeter than a Bed Of Roses.

I Regret Nothing.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, matisse said:

*apologies to NJ’s second favourite son JBJ for the title*

But man was I Livin’ on a Prayer hoping to find anything in stock in these difficult times, seems like any Tamiya kit is Wanted Dead or Alive.  But when hope was lost I Kept the Faith and Fusion restarted their webshop coming though with the Aqroshot like a Blaze of Glory. 

Selling the Top Force was Bad Medicine but getting this basher is sweeter than a Bed Of Roses.

I Regret Nothing.

I'm don't really understand what you are asking, but if it's "Has anywhere got the Aqroshot kit in stock"? Then have a look here:

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-AQROSHOT-DT-03T-1-10-Bausatz-58610

• Haha 1

:( So jealous you guys can get Tamico right now. US is still off their list.

Bank holiday on Monday, so I don’t expect it to arrive until later next week, but here what I have on the way:

Aqroshot Kit, Bearing  Set, Turnbuckle set, hollow gear shaft set.

i know i’m gonna need tyres, so I’ll get em in the future along with metal outdrives and shafts.

Thankfully I have a 13.5t sensored set up and a Metal Gear servo w Kimbrough saver spare , so they will make an instant difference.

1 hour ago, matisse said:

Not asking anything, it’s was a very longwinded and not funny introduction to a build thread.   :)

I liked it 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matisse said:

Not asking anything, it’s was a very longwinded and not funny introduction to a build thread.   :)

Aah i see. I understand now. I thought you were saying no kits are available and you can't find one. Anyway, subscribed :D

• Like 1

5 hours ago, matisse said:

Bank holiday on Monday, so I don’t expect it to arrive until later next week, but here what I have on the way:

Aqroshot Kit, Bearing  Set, Turnbuckle set, hollow gear shaft set.

i know i’m gonna need tyres, so I’ll get em in the future along with metal outdrives and shafts.

Thankfully I have a 13.5t sensored set up and a Metal Gear servo w Kimbrough saver spare , so they will make an instant difference.

I would also strongly recommend the alloy gearbox bridges.

Unlike the DT-02 on which the tongue of the main chassis tub helps the gearbox screws to keep the rear end together, the DT-03 has a two piece vertically split main chassis, so the only things reinforcing the gearbox are a few more screws and two thin wafers of plastic under the gearbox that bridge the two halves. If these give way in a crash, you are likely looking at damage to the gearbox and chassis halves too.

Of course this is also possible with the alloy bridges, but it takes a significantly more severe crash before it happens. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I would also strongly recommend the alloy gearbox bridges.

Unlike the DT-02 on which the tongue of the main chassis tub helps the gearbox screws to keep the rear end together, the DT-03 has a two piece vertically split main chassis, so the only things reinforcing the gearbox are a few more screws and two thin wafers of plastic under the gearbox that bridge the two halves. If these give way in a crash, you are likely looking at damage to the gearbox and chassis halves too.

Of course this is also possible with the alloy bridges, but it takes a significantly more severe crash before it happens. 

Noted, thanks for the tip.

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Why do websites not show live stock!!! It’s not that hard ffs!

despite showing as available, I’ve been emailed to say that it’s not in stock.  Expected 9th June.  It’s not a massive issue, just frustrating as seemingly all RC webshop sites do this.  I assume it’s to compete with the large sites that can hold a lot of stock themselves, rather than drop shipping or relying on regular deliveries from an importer

• Sad 1

Update! They were very good and are shipping things as soon as they arrive. By the sound of it some people have been very abusive towards them, which is stupid. It’s just toy cars after all....

• Like 2

Lockdown is dangerous...

looking for the DT02/3 front suspension pin set (I’m allergic to the screw in ones I think, it’s a terrible affliction, I break out in hives if I even see one) and as with everything it’s out of stock....

found it at Tamico, but postage is twice the cost of the part...no thanks.

plaza Japan have them, and cheap postage... and carbon front and rear damper stays....FML I can’t resist a cheap upgrade......

• Like 1

13 hours ago, matisse said:

Lockdown is dangerous...

looking for the DT02/3 front suspension pin set (I’m allergic to the screw in ones I think, it’s a terrible affliction, I break out in hives if I even see one) and as with everything it’s out of stock....

found it at Tamico, but postage is twice the cost of the part...no thanks.

plaza Japan have them, and cheap postage... and carbon front and rear damper stays....FML I can’t resist a cheap upgrade......

Its worth doing on the 03. The 22mm pin set is great for the outer ends, and get the TL01 set to get four 48mm pins for the inner arms. You need to remove a bit of material from either the tub or the arms at the rear to make them fit, but not much. You end up with a bunch of surpkus 37mm pins out the TL01 set, but if you have anything derived from that (WT01, WR02, Comical, M05) then they fit the outer hinges on those. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

Its worth doing on the 03. The 22mm pin set is great for the outer ends, and get the TL01 set to get four 48mm pins for the inner arms. You need to remove a bit of material from either the tub or the arms at the rear to make them fit, but not much. You end up with a bunch of surpkus 37mm pins out the TL01 set, but if you have anything derived from that (WT01, WR02, Comical, M05) then they fit the outer hinges on those. 

Yeah I’d had a read through the manual and spotted that regards the TL01 pins, thanks for the heads up on having to mod the chassis!

17 minutes ago, matisse said:

Yeah I’d had a read through the manual and spotted that regards the TL01 pins, thanks for the heads up on having to mod the chassis!

If you are keeping the front upper arms in plastic, i think from memory one of the sets of 37mm shafts from the TL01 set fits the inner hinge point on those. 

• Like 1

parts are dribbling in, hinge pins and wheel hexes, as well as a DF03 damper parts bag so i can use actual pistons in the CVA's.

Kit due to arrive in the UK on the 9th June, apparently......

7 hours ago, Howards said:

I was wondering if you could convert the DN01 in to a truggy...

Don’t see why not...

The rear shock shafts were very different to the fronts. Fronts the usual shiny chrome, the rears much darker, almost anodised, and def not as smooth.

so grabbed various grades of wet/dry and a drill to give them a quick polish.

A3302960-DA08-4C78-A70C-64D8FD3AB250.jpg

need a final polish but much smoother feeling 

I always thought the different colours were because simple folk might end up building the shocks with the wrong shaft, so it was done for identification purposes. 

But that's just a guess!

Kits Still not here.... so I got bored and bought new tyres.  Schumacher Stagger cut Yellow fronts and Vee2 Blue rears. 

sadness, thy name is Tamiya.......

June 9th, became June 19th, which has now become August 10th.

no RC for me form a while......

Cancel aqroshot. Buy cheapest DT03 buggy you can find. Shell shell, wheels, tyres and front knuckles. Buy mad bull steering parts bag, blitzer wheels, proper schumacher tyres, cooler truck body than vajra thing. Fin. 

• Like 2

On 6/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, ThunderDragonCy said:

Cancel aqroshot. Buy cheapest DT03 buggy you can find. Shell shell, wheels, tyres and front knuckles. Buy mad bull steering parts bag, blitzer wheels, proper schumacher tyres, cooler truck body than vajra thing. Fin. 

yeah, but there just aren't many kits out there right now, plus the crew at Fusion have actually been pretty good about it all, seems wrong to pull the cash from them just because i'm impatient.

Edited by matisse

Do both! Get the cheapest DT-03 buggy available now and truggify it as suggested by @ThunderDragonCy, but instead of selling the buggy bits, keep them for when the Aqroshot arrives from Fusion. Then you can build it as a buggy, and have two quite different ways of enjoying the DT-03 chassis!

• Like 2