Dunlee

Losing power

Hi guys,

I bought the Absima Brushless Combo Set Thrust BL Eco for my Neo Scorcher. The motor seems to run at 100% for a few seconds, reduces speed and then cuts out completely. I’ve tried a new receiver and transmitter, checked the battery is fully charged but I get the same problem. The servo works without any issues. I’m wondering if anyone can give me some advice on how to rectify the problem? I’ve added a short clip of the motor losing power. It eventually cuts right out. 

Thanks in advance,

Lee.

Hi, is there a setting on the speedo to change battery types? If so you could be on the wrong setting and a fully charged Nicad pack is actually below the voltage cut off settings on the speedo ? 
I may be wrong, but worth look perhaps 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, catman79 said:

Hi, is there a setting on the speedo to change battery types? If so you could be on the wrong setting and a fully charged Nicad pack is actually below the voltage cut off settings on the speedo ? 
I may be wrong, but worth look perhaps 

Hi bud, thanks very much for the reply. I managed to sort it, I hadn’t set up the esc properly. You’re right, it was to do with the voltage cut off. Sweet as a nut now. Thanks again. 

Hi how well does this run as I've just ordered this combo for my rising storm, I'm hoping it will give it some more speed

• Like 1

Hi bud. Initially I had problems with my car losing power and then cutting out all together. I found out it was because I hadn’t set up the ESC properly for the battery I was using. I also thought there was a little bit of cogging when I was pulling the throttle gently, but someone told me it’s not cogging and that it’s actually normal for a sensorless set up. If you experience any of this, I’ll tag you in the guys comment where he gives me the explanation as to why it happens (if I can do that on here). The issues I was experiencing was down to me rather than the esc and motor. Now that I have sorted them out, the car goes like a rocket. Mind you, I went from the ST motor to this and I found a really big difference, a lot faster. No issues now. Love it!

Ok thanks mate hopefully it should be here the end of the week, I've got a sport tuned motor in mine at the moment which will be going into my sandscorcher, what batteries are you using I'm still on nimh but I think Lipo could be in the future 

3 hours ago, ploots said:

Ok thanks mate hopefully it should be here the end of the week, I've got a sport tuned motor in mine at the moment which will be going into my sandscorcher, what batteries are you using I'm still on nimh but I think Lipo could be in the future 

Hi bud. Well, I’m kind of new to all this and there will be people on here better equipped to advise you than me. Im currently using a Nimh 3300mah battery but I just bought 3s lipo. Some people have said to me that the 3s Lipo would kill my car, so I bought a 2s lipo too. I does say on thay the Absima BL Thrust conversion can handle a 3’s lipo. Perhaps someone can give some clarity on here. All I’ve done is ballraced my car. I think I’ll start with the 2s and see how it goes. I did see some footage of a Neo scorcher with a 3s lipo and people were commenting that it looked a bit erratic. Like I say bud, hopefully others with more experience than me will share some knowledge on the best battery to use.

There's a lot to learn I'm new but old I started back in the 80s but getting back into it again 2nd or 3rd time now but sticking with it this time,lipos are new to me but it's on my list of things to buy 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, ploots said:

Hi mate, I just got the 3s Lipo through the post and popped it into my Neo Scorcher, I’m shocked at how fast it is, didn’t realise just how big a difference it was from Nimh. Unbelievably fast, well, for me anyways with the Absima conversion. I’m waiting on the 2s lipo coming through so looking forward to trying that too. I found the 3s ridiculously fast but great fun to point the car in a straight line and just watch it go!

On 5/26/2020 at 10:38 AM, Dunlee said:

Hi bud. Initially I had problems with my car losing power and then cutting out all together. I found out it was because I hadn’t set up the ESC properly for the battery I was using. I also thought there was a little bit of cogging when I was pulling the throttle gently, but someone told me it’s not cogging and that it’s actually normal for a sensorless set up. If you experience any of this, I’ll tag you in the guys comment where he gives me the explanation as to why it happens (if I can do that on here). The issues I was experiencing was down to me rather than the esc and motor. Now that I have sorted them out, the car goes like a rocket. Mind you, I went from the ST motor to this and I found a really big difference, a lot faster. No issues now. Love it!

Hi mate motor and esc finally arrived and yes it's very quick but needs setting up properly,it sounds the same as yours it ran great but now it's not full power and cuts out so when I get chance I'm going to take a look at it

• Like 1

Any probs, give me a shout, I’ll let you know what I did with mine. It’s mint like! Just be careful, i’m waiting on a new a replacement coming out, had to send it back last week. Something went in the motor. Not sure if it was because I was using a 3s. Says on the instructions that you can. Going to try a 2s that I recently got to see how that goes. Guy at the shop said he thought it was just back luck as they rarely have them coming back. Told me to send it back and is sending me a new motor. 

That's not so good mate I hope it's sorted soon , I think I've sorted mine I played about with the settings and it seems so much quicker now but I'm happy for any ineo to make it better 

• Like 1