She's had a hard life, but still going.

To do list...

try and repair front tabs on chassis

Replace o rings on all dampers

Install better swing arm pins

Replace worn front axles

Reinstate original tyres

Repair or replace body

Terra scorcher damper mounts front and rear.

I'm looking into universal drives. Are the Tamiya df03 ones really worth £40? I also found these which I think might fit.

SmartSelect_20200524-120552_eBay.jpg

Started a new thread as I didn't want to crash your dragon build thread. Glad to have an expert on hand.

She was my pride and joy as a teenager c. 1991. Currently running a silver can with a lipo and a 1040 ESC.

The suspension arms were warped after storage, but boiling them corrected it very well.

20200524_124447.jpg

• Like 1

I'm not proud of this 'repair' to the chassis but it should do for now. Sorry about the dirt, not really got enough time to clean the thing!

On the car's right side I used a side plate of a bicycle chain, bent slightly. Bolt through the front of the chassis. Drilled though the stay and put a self tapper in from the front. The plastic nut is to cover the sharp edge.

On the left I drilled through the chassis and into the gearbox casing. I checked it clears the bevel gear first! It has already cracked the chassis around the hole (it's about 30y old) so I don't hold out much hope. 

After this, the front end feels solid enough. It's going to be temporary, at next failure I'll get a new chassis.

20200524_164936.jpg

• Like 2