daddycool

Finding xacto handles in UK

Hi, I have a wedo craft knife, I needed new blades (and the wedo blades weren’t that sharp) so bought xacto blades but they don’t fit the wedo handle. Now I’m looking for an xacto handle but can’t see them for sale in the U.K. Are they? Or could anyone recommend a knife to go for?

Thanks, Kristian 

I too had the same problem, I was forever buying new handles and new blades and never the two did faithfully match.  So with some Christmas vouchers I went to a model shop in Yeovil a year ago and was sold a Swann Morton No4 scalpel and 10 no26 blades.  Just last week I used the last blade so I ordered back of 100 online for just over £20 and they arrived two days later.  Result.

The handle isn't as easy to use for bigger stuff but for trimming bodies and cutting ABS sheet I haven't found anything better.  It does have a habit of cutting the top of my middle finger with the back of the blade when working on intricate stuff.  The precision and sharpness easily makes up for its shortcomings.

• Thanks 1

I went for the Swann Morton stuff, it’s keenly priced and looks good. I prefer the cylindrical handles so went for both the ACM1 and ACM2 handle and some blades

• Like 2

After continually breaking the plastic disposable scalpels (and not finding hobby blades giving enough accuracy or longevity) I bought a metal handles scalpel off Amazon with 5 blades for £7 delivered 

Modelcraft PKN9210# 3 Scalpel Handle & 5#10A Blades, Silver, Set of 6 Pieces https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06ZYLRH6H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_WIBZEbVWBQ5KW

it’s excellent and it’s solid metal as the blades don’t fall off 

been using it 6 months and just prefers a box of 20 blades off eBay for £4

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/254472002542

be safe though - sooooo sharp