bikerclubby

Rear tyres for DT-03

Hi, first post here. 
Have recently built a Racing Fighter but hate the rear tyres on dry dusty surfaces. They work great on short grass but just spin like crazy on hard dirt and make the car really hard to control. Already changed the fronts to Schumacher Cut Staggers and was wondering what a decent rear would be? Already done a search the Carson’s that come up are all out of stock. UK stock preferred to keep post costs down. 

Thanks for any suggestions. 

I'm about to build to build up a Neo FIghter so I'm interested in this also. I looked at the Fastrax Turf Rippers, but they're out of stock also.

Yellow compound Schumacher Cactus rears seem to work well. 

Proline Dirt Hawgs are another all rounder option that it spoken well off. In ny experience though the loose dust over hard surface is one of the trickiest to drive on and hardest on tyres that are even remotely good on anything else. I gave up on the spot closest to my house with this kind of surface and now walk another 10 minutes the opposite way and run on grass in a park. Means i can run tyres that work on this and astro for occasional track outings and it much less abrasive on the cars and tyres too. Just my thoughts on it, but if you have the option try avoiding that spot? Took me a while to find all the nearby places i can run too. These parks i use i hadn't been to in over 10 years of living here. Always worth a bit of google earth checking and a bit of a spin around the neighbourhood on foot or bike to explore promising spots. 

Had lots of grass to run on with the local golf course being shut but that won’t last. Enjoy the jumps at bmx track but hard to line up properly when the back end won’t stay straight. Forest tracks round here all pretty dry as well. 
Will check out the Prolines, already have Sand Slingers for the beach. 

What about Schumacher Vee2/4’s . I’ve just fitted a set to my Titan. First run tomorrow. Fitted to Blitzer rims. Went for blue spot. Supposed to be a really good option. You could just fit a set of Vee4’s to a buggy to maintain the look.

Haha funny this topic should come up. I need some new rear wheels for my DT-03T - I have actually buckled one of the rears and bent the stub axle and dog bone!!! - something to do with 3s lipo and 13.5BL motor.....

I currently have Vee2s on the front and Vee4s on the rear which seem to have worked okay but don't appear to be very well balanced (might be the wheels too).

does anyone know:

https://www.racing-cars.com/mini-pin-yellow-truck-tyre-pr-u6816?returnurl=%2fsearch%3fq%3du6816

What the diameter of these are (are they the same as the 2.2 V4s?

also where can you get the yellow Blitzer / wheels from or the orange for that matter? seem to be all out of stock UK wise that I can see.

cheers

G.