J@mes

CW01 Center Servo Modification

Not a new modification but I’ll go through what I’ve done, following the footsteps of others. Drilling a perfectly good chassis is not for everyone.

I’m doing this on my CW01 Unimog, I’ll get round to doing it on my Lunchbox sometime.

49935688411_ffed59e67a_b.jpg

Photo above shows where I cut off the tabs in the middle of the kit supplied servo mounts to flip them over so the hole in the end is in the upper position. This gives better clearance when moving the servo to the side.

49935688506_c2d267545f_b.jpg

By moving the servo to the side the splined shaft of the servo is now central. I measured marked & drilled 2 holes using a 3.2mm bit and fitted the servo, job done.

49935787656_19b97bd63a_b.jpg

Next job is to measure & get some turnbuckles. 

• Like 3

Thanks for posting up pics. I've been thinking about doing this myself but just haven't gotten around to fleshing out the idea. Definite thumbs up from me. :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I did this on my LB , you think Tamiya would have thought this through with the re-re and all , as well as the other 580 mods us guys have done to this chassis , I mean , come on T

It does feel naughty chopping into a new chassis tub though doesn't it !!

• Haha 2

Just did this last night.  Great tip to trim and flip the servo mount posts, that does make things line up better.  Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1