Sign in to follow this  
catman79

My top force evolution

It’s been in the loft for years, but it’s finally made it on display in the house, one of my favourite Tamiya models ever, and the one I like looking at the most! 

5603827C-472B-4260-BE6B-98928C2F5B21.jpeg

• Like 7

You know, just casually has a Top force Evo sat in the loft..... 

• Haha 2

Lol, blame the mrs... after several years of hinting, I’ve finally got a display cabinet! Only allowed in the spare room.. but it’s a start!! 

• Haha 2

What's the diff between top force evo and top force?  I have a top force coming this week.  Stoked to build it with upgraded motor.

12 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

What's the diff between top force evo and top force?  I have a top force coming this week.  Stoked to build it with upgraded motor.

Carbon chasis, carbon towers, alloy hi-cap shocks similar to those on the Egress, fully ballraced (but scandal that the TF is not), Ti screws, lightweight diff bits, high speed gearset and a one way roller / torque splitter I think. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Howards said:

Carbon chasis, carbon towers, alloy hi-cap shocks similar to those on the Egress, fully ballraced (but scandal that the TF is not), Ti screws, lightweight diff bits, high speed gearset and a one way roller / torque splitter I think. 

i think it also came with adjustable turnbuckles and 6mm ball ends

13 minutes ago, matisse said:

i think it also came with adjustable turnbuckles and 6mm ball ends

Turnbuckles are a bit of an odd omission from the TF as well really! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, catman79 said:

Lol, blame the mrs... after several years of hinting, I’ve finally got a display cabinet! Only allowed in the spare room.. but it’s a start!! 

Based on your initial post I was instantly reminded of something like;

"I was clearing out the loft and tucked under a first edition of the bible and the original Mona Lisa I discovered a mint condition Top Force Evo...................... which was nice"

DWv2PwlX0AAC2nK.jpg

• Haha 4

Please dont get me wrong but what does make the Top Force for you such a iconic object? I am observing it since I am back to RC a few years ago and I cant find (my personal) a connection. :unsure:

17 hours ago, Collin said:

Please dont get me wrong but what does make the Top Force for you such a iconic object? I am observing it since I am back to RC a few years ago and I cant find (my personal) a connection. :unsure:

You sir. Are wrong. 

1 hour ago, Ann3x said:

You sir. Are wrong. 

Its not that I dont see the tech specs ect... its just ... I dont know,... maybe Top Force autism.

I know what you mean @Ann3x but it’s a fair question for @Collin to ask ?

I’ll stick my neck out and suggest the TFE is prob the best out of the box, off road racer Tamiya ever released outside TRF ? 

But that doesn’t include hopping up other NIB chassis - where you could do the same, if not way better, for way less money ? Especially if involving unloved TRF

What seals things for the TFE is hardly anyone could apparently afford it - so similar to the original Avante ... only this time Tamiya reacted quicker,  culled production faster + fewer numbers were available ? 

The TFE isn’t a racing epitome imo - it’s a collectors‘ limited edition ... and let the flood gates open 😂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SuperChamp82 said:

I know what you mean @Ann3x but it’s a fair question for @Collin to ask ?

I’ll stick my neck out and suggest the TFE is prob the best out of the box, off road racer Tamiya ever released outside TRF ? 

But that doesn’t include hopping up other NIB chassis - where you could do the same, if not way better, for way less money ? Especially if involving unloved TRF

What seals things for the TFE is hardly anyone could apparently afford it - so similar to the original Avante ... only this time Tamiya reacted quicker,  culled production faster + fewer numbers were available ? 

The TFE isn’t a racing epitome imo - it’s a collectors‘ limited edition ... and let the flood gates open 😂

Was just a joke. Me and @Collin know each other well and we agree on most things!

Back to the "serious" topic.... Mostly for me its because the Top Force in Evo livery is just a gorgeous shell, the way it fits so tight around the front gearbox, how low it sits and the orange contrasting of the decals and grey. Beyond the looks there is also the sheer excess of the original car (wasnt it something insane like £600 originally?) with silly, excessive upgrades included like Ti bolts, printing on the Carbon chassis etc etc etc.

It is just a lovely car to look at and the excess made it unattainable (at least for me.... then.....).

IMG_20200527_215137.thumb.jpg.27a736719efc3f016408115057e31026.jpg

When you put a Sir in front, you can call me anything. :lol:

So now I stop staring on the TFE pics because it might happen that I find something in it and get hooked up... no good for my "I-need-all-spares-twice" attitude.

But I understand a bit better now, thanks.

On 5/26/2020 at 8:39 PM, Superluminal said:

In the loft!!!!!!!

Got two tucked away in a commode drawer...🤫

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, SuperChamp82 said:

For me yes, its the best out of the box, poised,light,balanced .quick , reliable and reasonably strong for the time ,  a spare rear gearbox housing needed but they are cheap.

• Like 1

These are absolutely fantastic driving buggies!! Glad you.got yours out. Now get a spare body, fit modern wheels and tires and go for a blast! 

The undertray protects the chassis and all the plastics are easily found due to the Rere and EXACTLY the same. No reason not to run it.