Sign in to follow this  
whahooo

Toy Story themed Manta Ray?

Sorry, i did not find anything abot it.

The Manty Ray is re-released AND the Toy Story "Turbo" look a little bit like it.

Has anyone done a Paintjob/Decals for a Toy Story Themed Manta Ray?

If i ever come by a cheap Manta Ray, i will get it and try to make a "Turbo" out of it.

Is there any better Chassis to make a "Turbo" Replica?

I want to roll this one up again, because my Hobbyfever comes up again (like every 5 years or so).

I have a spare Blazing star/Terra conquer/Mantaray/Dirt Thrasher Chassis and i would love to get a Manta Ray Chassis and make a Turbo Paintjob.
The only thing is: i can`t paint anything..... so i can`t do the Paintjob (the colored drops) neither can i paint some Decals.....

Do you think the Manta Ray Body would be the right Body for a Turbo Paintjob? Is there a better Body for it?

Does anyone has the Ability to convert the Drops of a Photo of "Turbo" into Decals?

Here is the litte RC i`m writing of:

turbo.jpg.949530597982c0a2667250fb723341ed.jpg

I’d love to see this!

You could look for game textures to convert. I found this model

https://www.models-resource.com/nintendo_64/toystory2/model/16897/?source=genre

but I’m on my phone so can’t download/unzip it to see if it’s in a sensible format. I don’t know the site either so can’t vouch for its quality/safety.

It might be a bit blocky but it’ll give a running start for drawing something up.

• Thanks 1

Oh yes! Thanks for That!

Do anyone know the Format of the Decalsheet?

I could ask someone to convert the Textures of the textures to a fine vectorgraphic, Put this on the Decalsheet of the Manta Ray and print it. But he would need the right lenght of the edges of the Sheet for that....

Short Question:

Would it be possible to deform the 2 outer "holes" or "Air intakes" of the MR  with a hot air gun to get more of a "turbo Body"?