Sign in to follow this  
slimleeroy

Madcap question

Hi all. Hope you are all safe and well.  Can anybody tell me if the super astute motor mount fits the madcap?  It looks different to the normal astute plate. The astute plate is nearly impossible to find now.  Thanks guys and gals

Nope you can't. Source - 

You can get the entire SA gearbox and fit that though, it's a straight swap. You ditch the finicky ball diff and get a slipper clutch in return. 

Thanks for the quick response. New gearbox won't be cheap though it m guessing. Not when you look at tamiya's greedy way of selling parts in different bags

14 minutes ago, Howards said:

Nope you can't. Source - 

You can get the entire SA gearbox and fit that though, it's a straight swap. You ditch the finicky ball diff and get a slipper clutch in return. 

Anywhere I can source an astute metal motor plate?

Dunno. I'd imagine making one wouldn't be too difficult. Know any CAD/CAM people?

I believe the motor/ gearbox plate is the same between the original astute, monster racer and king cab, and was sold separately as a hop up for the madcap. If so it should be in this bag:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293542358363

But check the plate is in the bag with the seller. Cross ref of bag code indicates the plate is included eg old tamico pic below.

https://tamico.de/Tamiya-Press-Parts-Bag-King-Cab-58081-9405534

Any other madcap owners happy to verify?

All the best.