Sign in to follow this  
Brat73

Subaru Brat

So I found my boyhood Brat fell back in love with it so brought a ReRe and built that just painting it at the moment but I cleaned up my original attached a new battery and it works!! The original radio system does not however so I was going to buy a new controller and receiver, can I simply attach a new receiver and connect the original servos to it?.. looking at them they have a similar adapter but it's a 3 pin not 4 will this work or do I have to buy new servos. I would like to keep the originals....any advice would be welcome...thanks guys.

It would be easier to buy Flysky GT3C.  It's about $50 USD.  Some comes with a LiPo too.  You can buy one radio set, plus another receiver.  You can use one transmitter to control 2 cars. (not at the same time, however)  

Servos use 3 wires. But back in the day, some companies did not use the standard configuration. Most new stuff uses the Futaba standard, so they are compatible.  If yours don't, you might have to take the tiny female pins out of the plug and reorganize in the right order.  It's not hard.  

• Like 1

Sorry can I just check...buy a new controller so we (me and the kids) can use two cars at the same time and one new receiver, see if it works if not reconfigure the servo wire so that they do..!?

I just bought vintage radio equipment from Ebay.  I love the old style Magnum Juniors, better build quality.  

The new stuff has def advantages, programming multiple cars, etc.

He was saying you can't use 2 cars simultaneously with one controller.  You def need 2 complete sets of radio gear if you're going to drive 2 vehicles at the same time.

Some guys own 20 cars, and never need 2 controllers, so they just program all of them into one transmitter and buy pieces of radio gear for each car.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In order to run two cars at once u need two controllers and two recievers. Modern stuff is way easy. Get two of the gtc3 and at least two recievers that go along with them They cost 5 dollars so but a bunch. Each transmitter(controller) can store ten cars in its memory. So between u and your kids u could technically operate 20 cars from two controllers. The reciever u need is FS-GR3E

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1