Sign in to follow this  
Sunsanvil

CC-02 body compatability

Has anyone tried the Land Rover Defender body from CC-01 on the CC-02 chassis? Would there be any issue fitting it?

Considering getting a CC-02...but dont care for the Mercedes. :)

I'm doing just that at the moment.

It's pretty straightforward, reduce the wheelbase down to 242mm. This is done by flipping the suspension link points on the chassis from left-to-right and moving them closer to the transfer case / gearbox. Like below:

49712740287_6cb6a5709c_b.jpg

As you can see the bottom-right one has been done already in this image:

49712416341_57b61343a9_b.jpg

You'll also need to flip / move the suspension top mounts too, as the suspension angle ends up like this:

49712739717_1c0435e0a1_b.jpg

But it's easy enough to change those so you have dampers as close to vertical as possible.

My only issue with this is that the driveshafts now seem to be binding. I'm sure a future release will see shorter driveshafts and certainly it runs just fine with them the way they currently are.

• Thanks 1

So it looks like the upper shock mounts can be brought in by 1 hole in steps 10 and 11. And then the arm mounts can be brought it by 1 hole in step 17. Is that right?

Yeah you got it. I can't remember which end it was but you should also turn the damper mounts around so they lean toward the middle as well, rather than leaning outwards towards the end of the chassis. Hope that makes sense.

Just trimming up my Defender shell now!