flamejob

Bruiser Radius Arms

I'm building a rere Bruiser at the moment and one of the radius arms rattles when the rear axle assembly is in the chassis.

Is there something I don't know about them?

It seems weird to me that they are supposed to just sit in the gap under the axle holder.

The springs compress on a different arc than the arms. If the arms fit clamped in, they would bind the suspension.  Their purpose is primarily to prevent axle wrap.

Its the same on mine - one is a perfect fit the other rattles as it drives along.

Oh, thanks guys, that feels very Un Tamiya but it has been driving me a bit nuts. Does it make a noise when it is running?

Yep. A clinkly plinkly dinkly sort of noise.

When I next think of it I may unscrew it and open it up and the end with some pliers or fit a small fibre washer before reassembling just to take out some of the slack.

Now I got the motor and speed controller hooked up, something in the gearbox is binding.... now I have to take the whole thing apart... ahhhhhhhh!

Mine was the same,rattling. So I put 2extra O rings on the chassis mount so they compress when doing the screw up...perfect.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2020 at 10:41 AM, Superluminal said:

Binding when running or attempting to shift gear?

It turns about a revolution of the spur gear then gets very stiff, so stiff I can’t turn the stub axle with my fingers (motor out)