Sunsanvil

Did anyone ever replace Autographics for decals?

Back in the day one could get decals for everything from Coke Cola to Valvoline from Autographics. Guess they went out of business a long time ago. Did anyone ever take their place in the market for stuff like that?

I'd love to know this too, as I have a couple of shells I'd like to custom up.

I remember those days! One of my LHS's always had a flip-through stack of Autographics decals and it was always fun to pick out something different to go with a new body and paint.  Several years ago, say 2015, I remember finding several listings on eBay that were posted by the owner/artist's daughter that were NOS, and she mentioned in the listings that he had passed away sometime before. Those decals were high quality for their time when you consider that was around 30 years ago and that the closest as far as good vinyl was in a Tamiya kit, lol.  

• Like 1

On 5/28/2020 at 12:02 PM, Sunsanvil said:

Back in the day one could get decals for everything from Coke Cola to Valvoline from Autographics. Guess they went out of business a long time ago. Did anyone ever take their place in the market for stuff like that?

I don't think anybody took their place. I suppose their competitors from Parma captured most the market after the company closed.

The founder of Autographics RC decals was a serious RC champ driver in California. I can't remember his name right now. When he passed away years ago his wife started selling all of the decals that were left. She was super kind, always sending extras or doubles for your purchases. Her name is Delia Wilson, and you can probably get in touch with her through her e-mail: delawilson@aol.com

I've just noticed I Say Ding Dong sell some decals for RC/model cars etc.  Mostly sponsor logo's etc but might be useful.  I've used them quite a lot before for 1:1 stuff and even some custom stuff and they been brilliant to deal with and the quality has been excellent.  I have some cloverleaf badges on my Alfa from them that have been on the car about 5 years now and they still look brand new.