Wetman

Paint question

Will PS paint work on the wing mirrors on an mf-01x or will I need to buy the corresponding TS acrylic spray for them?

I use PS on the body accessories all the time like mirrors and wings etc. Wash the parts, primer them and then PS colour over. It has a sort of satin finish to it so you can go over it with TS gloss clear if you want it shiny.

It doesnt always match 100% as the final colour on a lexan shell is normally determined by the backing colour and how translucent the paint is but in a lot of instances you may not have a choice as matching colours arent available in both ranges.

• Like 2

as @Superluminal says it'll work fine. Just give the parts a rub over with wet and dry or a scotchbrite type pad to get a key on them, or it'll flake off.

You can actually polish PS paint to quite a good shine just using auto polish, but you can of course give it a coat of clear coat if wanted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

I use PS on the body accessories all the time like mirrors and wings etc. Wash the parts, primer them and then PS colour over. It has a sort of satin finish to it so you can go over it with TS gloss clear if you want it shiny.

It doesnt always match 100% as the final colour on a lexan shell is normally determined by the backing colour and how translucent the paint is but in a lot of instances you may not have a choice as matching colours arent available in both ranges.

Yeah I thought about that and was thinking of using the backing colour on the lexan as the primer so you should get a reasonable match up

I used PS paint on my CC02 G500 mirrors and spare wheel cover. As said above it'll need a coat of lacquer if you want a glossy finish.

I was delighted how well it turned out.

use the correct paint, dont rush. If u rush it it wont be right. Lesson learned