Anewhope

Wild one discontinued?

Hi as someone new to the rerelease tamiya world I ve been making a list of potential buys and the wild one come very high on that list but it’s unclear if it’s bedn discontinued or just low/zero stock in the Uk 

Tamiya USA says it is temporarily out of stock. That's not direct from Tamiya, but hopefully means they will be back in stock at some point.

2 hours ago, Biz73 said:

Tamiya USA says it is temporarily out of stock. That's not direct from Tamiya, but hopefully means they will be back in stock at some point.

Same here in the Uk let’s hope more come through. Is the rough rider discontinued?

Wild One spares have been drying up for a while. I suspect it's close to being discontinued. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Anewhope said:

Same here in the Uk let’s hope more come through. Is the rough rider discontinued?

The Rough Rider was re-named the Buggy Champ for the re-issue. Tamiya USA still has them available, but that doesn't mean they are still being made, just that they still have stock left.

Yeah, I worry I waited too long on a Wild One myself.  I have 2 backordered at Tower but the date continually slips back.  I'm discouraged that they are backordered at RC Mart too which points to low/no stock worldwide.  Hopefully they'll do another run soon (along with the Fighting Buggy).

• Thanks 1

W/O seems to have been shut down pretty quick in relation to some other re-re's , especially being as it is deemed by many ( including me ) as one of Tamiyas greatest buggies

Amain says June 15...there on eby  for 350.00 usd. Thru 500.00.

I snagged one couple years ago...:D

• Like 1

Well, better than tower I guess.  They are now quoting late July.  I think it was late March when I backordered.  I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

• Like 1

I’ve always thought the kit was expensive for what it is, so I’ve always bought newly built rere’s, but that’s just me. 

It seems like Tamiya manufacture batches  of the older models rather than keeping a consistent supply available as well from what I have seen.

• Like 1

I do agree about price!  At Tower, you can order a Terra Scorcher for $192 or a Wild One for $219.  Pretty wild when you compare the specs of the kits.

• Like 1

Yeah...some re. res have been around longer...like the frog and sand scorcher..did they make 30,000 kits of those and only 4000 fighting buggys?..

10 hours ago, tamiya3speed said:

Well, better than tower I guess.  They are now quoting late July.  I think it was late March when I backordered.  I'll just have to wait and see I guess.

I wouldn’t hold my breath.  Unless there’s a container ship in the Pacific right now loaded with Tamiya kits headed for the west coast, there won’t be any new kits for a while.  As far as I know Tamiya Japan is still shut down.  

8 hours ago, A-Baum said:

I wouldn’t hold my breath.  Unless there’s a container ship in the Pacific right now loaded with Tamiya kits headed for the west coast, there won’t be any new kits for a while.  As far as I know Tamiya Japan is still shut down.  

The whole tamiya is shut down still?....

8 hours ago, skinned said:

That seems unlikely I would have thought: in the uk, retailers received a load of new Tamiya stock from their distributors in early May, and are expecting another delivery 2nd week in June, based on orders I have in play and ‘due back in stock’ dates on various hobby store websites for currently out of stock models. 

In the US, distributors have received some Tamiya kits (Frogs, at least) in mid-May.

On 5/30/2020 at 3:46 PM, A-Baum said:

Well my hotshot is coming in next week as are a load of other parts according to the legend that is Tony :)

JJ

10 hours ago, futureworks said:

That seems unlikely I would have thought: in the uk, retailers received a load of new Tamiya stock from their distributors in early May, and are expecting another delivery 2nd week in June, based on orders I have in play and ‘due back in stock’ dates on various hobby store websites for currently out of stock models. 

Which shop sites can you pre order from?

16 minutes ago, Anewhope said:

Which shop sites can you pre order from?

I bought a Super Hotshot from Fusion Hobbies a few weeks ago, and they told me it was out of stock, back in 9th June if I wanted to keep the order (or take a ref d). I noticed at the time that Wonderland Models were advertising availability of the same kit 9th June (again, and now says July for next batch), with the site allowing a buyer to purchase immediately, I.e. they are selling yet to arrive stock. Modelsport also show next stock date estimates, but don’t let you buy until in stock.

64982816-F2BF-4BDF-A4F5-244EF93AC841.jpeg

03E55E5E-A749-47BF-94C9-6BBF3F251981.png

On 5/30/2020 at 7:08 PM, skinned said:

I was told Tamiya Philippines is 100% shut down andTamiya Japan is bare bones.  They may be shipping what they have but as far as I know production lines are not currently running.  I am very skeptical of Tower’s estimated dates for 99% of their Tamiya kits.

So I'm thinking about getting a Wild one as I don't have any of the older/re-re buggies like that.  Are they decent runners out of the box or are they mostly nostalgic cool kits to have?  I'm good either way.  Just curious.  I like to build kits and at least run them a few times.  I've never built the SRB chassis and would certainly like to and as this thread indicates, seems as if time is running out on the W/O.

1 hour ago, A-Baum said:

So I'm thinking about getting a Wild one as I don't have any of the older/re-re buggies like that.  Are they decent runners out of the box or are they mostly nostalgic cool kits to have?  I'm good either way.  Just curious.  I like to build kits and at least run them a few times.  I've never built the SRB chassis and would certainly like to and as this thread indicates, seems as if time is running out on the W/O.

Check this recent thread out and you’ll see a couple of WO’s in action-

• Like 1

GAWD I hope they come back!!! :wacko: I missed my opportunity, and I'm not paying $500 on Evilbay from a Japanese seller. :angry: