Jaytbrat

Banggood bruiser clone

I think the general consensus seems to be that compared to the original its good value for money as a basher but the assembled build quality and finish quality of some of the parts hasnt been great - ie cross threaded or loose screws etc and the servos not being up to much. All anecdotal as I dont own one of the clones but there have been some fairly in depth threads here by people who do.

• Like 1

Cheers  mate I will check threads on here...gets great reviews on YouTube and only 200 quid  with spare shell and free delivery...just never used banggood. 

I bought one as a lock down project and the little issues just add to the reward of the project. It’s builds fine Overall. The shocks need attention though  

Since running a bearing collapsed in the rear diff and nearly wrecked the gears. New, better quality bearings have been fitted. 
The steering is awful, but so is the original. Front servo mod fixed that. 

I got the kit, without radio. I am using my own one with a 2 position 3rd channel for the gearbox. I have 1st and 3rd. 

Overall it’s a great project and a fun brasher. 

If I wanted a shelf queen I’d get a Tamiya as I am sure the quality is loads better. 

• Like 1

Great info mate, what size bearing's

What shock issues.

I agree these problems make it more of an enjoyment it's what's the hobby is a about.

The one I got was totally shocking. A waste of money

• Like 1

I think it's down to the individual who puts it together in the factory, must admit have heard some shocking stories.

Mine was mostly ok except the shocks were awful and a gear broke in the gearbox but that was all sorted for about £25-30. I relocated the servo to the front using a £5 bracket from ebay and replaced the terrible chinese bearings for not so terrible chinese bearings mostly from my pre-existing inventory. Aside from that, there wasn't much wrong with it really. Even with the added cost of improving it, the overall price was just a fraction of the original.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaytbrat said:

I think I may go for it, just never ordered from banggood.

I don't have one but use Banggood all the time. Never had any problems, stuff always arrives. If you pay for tracking the shipping is much faster too, it can be really slow, up to 6 weeks, but usually 2 weeks tops. I have found it far better than aliexpress

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

I don't have one but use Banggood all the time. Never had any problems, stuff always arrives. If you pay for tracking the shipping is much faster too, it can be really slow, up to 6 weeks, but usually 2 weeks tops. I have found it far better than aliexpress

Great to hear

Defo pay for tracking 

I think banggood will be getting some pennies of me😁

• Like 1

I use bang good all the time too, for a few years now and while some deliveries might take a while down under (up to about 4 or 5 weeks), everything has always arrived. Quality has been at least ok for what you pay. 

I have a Bruiser clone too, and the servo upgrade is a must. I'd also recommend checking all the nut and screws, my wheel nuts were pretty loose and I needed to add some thread lock. Overall I'm happy with mine so far. The original one would be nice, but its way out of my price range atm.

The link seems to have gone / been removed 

bang good is great for electronics like car and drone parts 

I use AliExpress for everything else 

stuff has always turned up and because it can take a few weeks that’s more of the fun - I always forget what I’ve ordered 

JJ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

The link seems to have gone / been removed 

bang good is great for electronics like car and drone parts 

I use AliExpress for everything else 

stuff has always turned up and because it can take a few weeks that’s more of the fun - I always forget what I’ve ordered 

JJ

Haha that has been fun the last few months with stuff taking so long! 

I got a random package the other day, back in feb ordered 2 shift lights for the 1:1 race car from ali express, different suppliers in the hope one would get here before the next meet. One got refunded as it appeared to get lost, the other turned up 6 weeks later. Then last week, a random courier package, yep second shift light made it here.

Ive never been sure how happy I would be with a shop called "Bang Good" appearing on my credit card statement. Questions would be asked...

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Ive never been sure how happy I would be with a shop called "Bang Good" appearing on my credit card statement. Questions would be asked...

At least it's not Good Bang....

• Haha 1

I’d say most people who buy online are aware of bang good, ali express, whish etc

just pay through PayPal ;)

tbh I don’t remember the last time I had a bank statement 

JJ

19 minutes ago, Problemchild said:

I’d say most people who buy online are aware of bang good, ali express, whish etc

just pay through PayPal ;)

tbh I don’t remember the last time I had a bank statement 

JJ

Always used PayPal can't go wrong.

Just been on banggood site again  got other crawlers i maybe interested in,this could  get addictive.

15 hours ago, Jaytbrat said:

Great info mate, what size bearing's

What shock issues.

I agree these problems make it more of an enjoyment it's what's the hobby is a about.

Download a bruiser re re manual to get the bearing sizes. 

The shocks leak. You have to replace the o rings and ptfe tape the tops on them. 

there’s loads of YouTube and rccrawler info out there. I’ve only done stuff others had already done. 

51 minutes ago, Butler said:

Download a bruiser re re manual to get the bearing sizes. 

The shocks leak. You have to replace the o rings and ptfe tape the tops on them. 

there’s loads of YouTube and rccrawler info out there. I’ve only done stuff others had already done. 

Cheers buddy  all good tips.

I think if anybody expected to drive this out the box without making mods idont think it would last 5 minutes. 

Buy it as something that you are going to have to work on and possibly mod.

Mine was ok out of the box but the rear leaf springs weren't put on propery and the steering was pants due to a poor design really.

I turfed the shocks, eventually put new ones on that are oil filled with no springs in them. I did a front servo mod and later on changed out the esc/motor for a brushless system. After that came a stronger servo up front but the voltage from the rx wasn't enough so I had to put in a thingy that took volts straight from the battery and put them into the rest of the system.

Unlike others I haven't had to change out the bearings yet.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pablo68 said:

the voltage from the rx wasn't enough so I had to put in a thingy that took volts straight from the battery and put them into the rest of the system.

Do you have a link to this thingy? I think I need some, had a couple of BEC fail recently

21 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Do you have a link to this thingy? I think I need some, had a couple of BEC fail recently

Sorry I don't, it was a BEC of sorts, I bought it off ebay.

If it's the bruiser clone from a few years ago then I found it was very good for the money without a doubt!, Electrics in it are a bit on the cheap side but still nothing that can't be replaced when funds permits because they are perfectly useable! Overall if you can't afford the tamiya bruiser and you want this stunning rc truck then you won't be disappointed! I totally took my one apart then rebuilt it thinking I would change the dodgy bits but other than a few bearings and re-grease it didn't need anything replacing! Then did my own colour scheme!

20191019_134757.jpg

• Like 2