Jaytbrat

Banggood bruiser clone

On 6/1/2020 at 8:25 AM, moffman said:

If it's the bruiser clone from a few years ago then I found it was very good for the money without a doubt!, Electrics in it are a bit on the cheap side but still nothing that can't be replaced when funds permits because they are perfectly useable! Overall if you can't afford the tamiya bruiser and you want this stunning rc truck then you won't be disappointed! I totally took my one apart then rebuilt it thinking I would change the dodgy bits but other than a few bearings and re-grease it didn't need anything replacing! Then did my own colour scheme!

20191019_134757.jpg

Looks awesome mate , 

Did u do the servo mod.

1 hour ago, Jaytbrat said:

Looks awesome mate , 

Did u do the servo mod.

Cheers thanks! Nah did want to start spending money on it I was more interested to compare it to my original and like I say (sorry tamiya purists) the stock setup is ok if ya not going to spend a lot of money on it!

img37842_17072014212234_2_1100_.jpg

20190707_221054.jpg

Just thought I'd add a few comments.  I'm a long term Tamiya fan and have lots of their RC cars in my collection including a Toyota High Lift.  I'd heard about and seen pictures of the Chinese clones for quite a while but never really considered them.  I always thought of them as inferior products.  However, recently I read some good reviews about the Bruiser clone (HG-P407) and also saw that the same company has launched a brand new model, the HG-P417 "Middle East 4x4 Pickup".  In true Chinese clone style it is again a TOYATO but in this case it is the Hilux High Lift pickup.  Ultimately I was seduced by the low price and ordered one.  It arrived the other day and my first impressions are extremely positive.  Quality of materials on the chassis and body seems very good although the electronics were obviously cheaper Chinese versions.  I ordered from Banggood (I had not used them before) and the model arrived quickly although I am still waiting for a separate shipment with a battery and charger.  I attach an image below for you to see.  You can see the full unboxing and close-up look at all the details if you are interested on my YT video channel, BlackSeaRC.  Not a Bruiser I know so apologies for going slightly off-topic but it is a 3-speed copy of another Tamiya icon.  If you have any questions about it, let me know.

DSC00297a.jpg

1 hour ago, kid168 said:

Quick question, How does the shifting work? Is there another (2nd) servo?

Yes, at the front of the chassis there are two servos mounted side by side, one for the steering and one for the shifting.  On the P417 model there is also another servo mounted beside the chassis to steer the rear wheels.

Shifting is performed using a 3-position switch on the radio transmitter handset.

If you want to see more details in close-up then check my video on YT.  Search for channel BlackSeaRC.

9 hours ago, BlackSeaRC said:

Yes, at the front of the chassis there are two servos mounted side by side, one for the steering and one for the shifting.  On the P417 model there is also another servo mounted beside the chassis to steer the rear wheels.

Shifting is performed using a 3-position switch on the radio transmitter handset.

If you want to see more details in close-up then check my video on YT.  Search for channel BlackSeaRC.

Will a 3 channel gun type Tx and Rx make the shifting work? say a Flysky GT3C Tx and the matching Rx

9 hours ago, kid168 said:

Will a 3 channel gun type Tx and Rx make the shifting work? say a Flysky GT3C Tx and the matching Rx

Are you referring to the Bruiser clone (P407) or the Hilux clone (P417)?  The P417 seems to be currently only available in RTR form as it is a new product whereas the P407 is available as RTR or in kit form.  With the P417 you get the radio transmitter, receiver, ESC and motor included (but not a battery).  Note that the P417 has 4WS with different modes of operation and the pistol grip handset provided allows you to select these different steering modes.

Bruiser clone. I don't want to use the Tx it came with, I like to use my "fleet Tx" which is the flysky gt3c

First, I do own a Tamiya Bruiser Re-release. So, of course, I ordered one of the RTRs to see what the fuss is all about. It's nearly identical but with some differences. It's almost like a blank canvas. It's going to get some upgrades as well an actual paintjob. One quick note, I purchased the AMPRO front wheel spacers to make the front track the same as the rear. They really cranked down on the wheel bolts and I had to use an extractor to remove a couple since the hexes rounded out. Either soft hardware or slightly off hex sizes.

On 6/10/2020 at 5:41 PM, kid168 said:

I have the same question. I purchased the p407a as I always wanted the Bruiser as a kid but I am not that into RC that I want to spend a huge amount for a truck that will get some use and be modified. 

I have a Flysky GT3B That I will put the hack firmware on, but would like to find out how to setup the 3rd channel to control the 3 speeds

I use my 3rd channel to shift from1st to 3rd. Works well and I don’t feel I need 2nd at all. 

On 10/29/2020 at 6:15 AM, Butler said:

I use my 3rd channel to shift from1st to 3rd. Works well and I don’t feel I need 2nd at all. 

Why cant you shift 2nd? Did you bypass it? 

Maybe he changed radios? Some third channels are basically on/off switches, so you can only use two speeds. Also, the shifting in the stock form is rather vague and will skip 2nd gear.

On 6/11/2020 at 8:41 AM, kid168 said:

I had a go of a Brusier Clone a while back, the Tx that came with it appeared to be a rebranded Flysky GT5. 
I recently bought a Knight Hauler (that also has a 3 speed gearbox) but didn’t want a stick Tx so took a chance and bought a GT5, the 3rd channel switch does in fact have 3 positions.

I set up a bench test and works the servo that will be connected to the gearbox perfectly. 

20 hours ago, RichieRich said:

Maybe he changed radios? Some third channels are basically on/off switches, so you can only use two speeds. Also, the shifting in the stock form is rather vague and will skip 2nd gear.

This. I have rc core code radio and I love it, but 3rd channel is literally an on off switch, but we can still set the end points. So I had to pick any 2 of the 3 gears.