burakol

Super excited that smoke filled the room!

So... I was excited to try my new Quicrun 1060ESC... i bought this to use my classic 16t endoplasma motor and slowly transition into LiPo use... I wanted to bench test the setup prior to putting in my GF01. I connected all the wires properly with a servo on CH1 and ESC on CH2 in my Radiolink receiver... i was only using a NiMh at this point so I made sure the jumper was on NIMH... after powering up, servo was tested to have signal.. then... 

When I tested the throttle, the motor only wanted to go one way... in reverse... it wont move forward...I am 101% my wiring was correct... powered off, checked the wiring, powered back on... tested throttle, same result... but this time, smoke filled my living room!!! Good think I was able to quickly disconnect the battery and my reciever... the ESC spew smoke in the air and the negative wire came loose... good thing is that the ESC did not go up in flames... I dont have clue what happened... I literally just got this from the mail yesterday and I was so excited to test it today... shame I had to wait for over a month just to get this kind of result... ae_1590784945868.thumb.jpg.a6b215574c47a45e7ccfe2229486d9cc.jpg

I opened a dispute with the seller I bought this from and will contact my CC and see if I can file a dispute. 

ae_1590784890529.jpg

ae_1590784844929.jpg

• Sad 1

You have a picture of the motor, connector side, is there maybe a schottky diode on it?

Only resistor... no diode... I know this motor was popular back in the day for flyers, but I made sure theres no diode... only 3micro resistors... I have no doubt that the culprit was the ESC. When I connected the same motor to a TBLE02S, it ran forward/reverse under no load...