Sign in to follow this  
Serge the seal of death

tble 02s speed controller problems

The led on my tble 02s speed controller was flashing red after driving and I am not sure why?

I was driving and the car suddenly lost drive and I saw the led was on and flashing red but after a few minutes the led went off and drive came back on. 

normally the led is not on even when driving but I am running a new motor and battery setup

I am running a Core RC 21t Silver Can Brushed 540 Motor and a lipo battery.

Did I overheat it or is it a battery level warning?

I would be grateful of any advice or comments. 

cheers guys 

47 minutes ago, Serge the seal of death said:

The led on my tble 02s speed controller was flashing red after driving and I am not sure why?

I was driving and the car suddenly lost drive and I saw the led was on and flashing red but after a few minutes the led went off and drive came back on. 

normally the led is not on even when driving but I am running a new motor and battery setup

I am running a Core RC 21t Silver Can Brushed 540 Motor and a lipo battery.

Did I overheat it or is it a battery level warning?

I would be grateful of any advice or comments. 

cheers guys 

regular flashing red is battery level too low, quick flashing red is overloaded and slow flashing red is overheated. 

Cheers rwordenjr That was my son who posted up, passing the battern for his Tamiya Plasma edge onto him. 

Sounds like the battery was low then, problem was he then turned it off and on again, and carried on. Never had it with the NMHI batteries. 

Hopefully we have not drained the Lipo Battery to much. was first run! 

Doesnt the Tble02s have a max turn limit of 25 turns for brushed motors?

Some peope report mixed results on a 23t but I would have thought 21t was seriously pushing it.

Great name by the way :lol:

I ran mine with a 20t photon speed 2 from my old duratrax evader using a nimh... it ran just fine, esc did not get hot, but warm to the touch... 

Specs below - which of these parameters have you exceeded?

• Special Feature 1 Forward, Reverse, Braking (Reverse function may be disabled)
  • Special Feature 2 Input voltage: 6.6-7.2V Notice: Use of Lithium-Polymer batteries may risk damage and is not recommended.
  • Special Feature 3 Dimensions: 42mmx34mmx25mm
  • Special Feature 4 Max. continuous current: 60A
  • Special Feature 5 Receiver output: 6V/1.5A
  • Special Feature 6 Weight: 50.8grams (including cables)
  • Special Feature 7 Protection systems: overheat, overload, low voltage to 4.8V (LiFe battery only) Note: Does not support LiPo 6.0 voltage cut-off
  • Special Feature 8 Compatible motors: TBLM series (sensored) Sport Tuned brushed motors 540 size over 25T

https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/electronics/rc-esc-tble-02s-brushless/