XJman

sanwa mt44 futaba 4pm

Im on the fence with these two radios. I'm a long time futaba user and I've loved them, however I've heard the sanwa radios are really good as well.

I'm aware the mt44 falls between the 4pm and the 7px.

The radio will be used with a trx4, scx10, df01 chassis hummer, my giant scale MCD, ta05vdf, redcat buggy of some sort, my future rally build, and either my tc4 or a future tt02 basher.

I'm guessing that both of them have multiple model memory. However I have concern about the non antenna receiver and my giant scale. My 3pm is still functional but I'm running low on receivers and i figured I'd use it until they all die and replace them with a newer one and maybe get telemetry.

These are 2 of the radios I would recommend to anyone, so you can't go wrong. Sanwa is the most popular down here at all the clubs, I think it has the fastest response time. The futaba isnt far behind though, and i doubt many people (if any) would notice the difference. 

The MT44  has the ability to program sanwa ESC on the fly which is pretty cool, but Sanwa ESC are expensive.

I have a Sanwa MT4S and love it, and also have some Futaba radios and find them both to be great quality. 

Personally, I would buy the Futaba based on the price of the rx, no other reason.

• Like 1

Thanks. I didn't even consider pricing the receiver. It's nearly double the price, that would make this venture a little expensive.

I love my MT-44 w/ RX-482 Combo (Best I have ever had). Only knock is this RX seperately is expensive and I can't justify buying one for my other Touring Car/ Buggy.

thumbnail (15).jpg

I really like the sanwa. How is the weight on it. I like the feel of a substantial radio. The feather light stuff feels flimsy. It's kind of why i never with lipo in my 3pm.

However 100 for a receiver sucks. Since I'd like to move as much as i can to one radio that would be 9 total receivers. I'd like to not be in this 1500 bucks.

39 minutes ago, XJman said:

I really like the sanwa. How is the weight on it. I like the feel of a substantial radio. The feather light stuff feels flimsy. It's kind of why i never with lipo in my 3pm.

However 100 for a receiver sucks. Since I'd like to move as much as i can to one radio that would be 9 total receivers. I'd like to not be in this 1500 bucks.

The MT44 and MTS are quite light.  The M12 is the one to get if you like big radios, they can be had for decent prices since they have been superseded by the M17 now.

On receivers, I should have mentioned, there are a bunch of "sanwa compatible" receivers.  I have tried the Das Mikro ones from Banggood and they work fine, so far.  They were the cheapest that I could find so I tried them.  They use a bind plug and don't come with instructions, but got there in the end.  There are a whole range now though which range in price from US20 to about the same as Sanwa ones.

https://www.banggood.com/DasMikro-Sanwa-FH3-FH4-Compatibe-4-Channel-Antennaless-Surface-Receiver-for-RC-Transmitter-p-1584676.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=CN

There is a thread on RCTech about them in the Electronics section.

• Like 1

Im really iffy about bangood. I don't know how the site operates but I've not had luck with things like PayPal and keeping my stuff secure. Buying through a Chinese merchandise funnel really sketches me out.

I didn't see the mt12 anywhere at the moment I'll look again in a day or so to see what pops up.

On 6/3/2020 at 6:17 PM, XJman said:

MT44 is very light even with 3 AAA batteries let alone a lipo sack.  The M12 feels great also.

@Jonathon Gillham,, I forgot the other recievers that are compatible, will look for one or two or three...  As I want to hold 3 more models in the TX (417, 201, 501), feel like my EVO.7 is spoiled :lol:

• Like 1