Finnsllc

over $250 in hop ups

So i just ordered a ton of m-06 aluminum parts for a build. M-06.

QUTUS Challenger 50mm Damper Set for 1/10 RC Touring M-Chassis Car Blue
Item# DBB-2050BU$39.90 USD1$39.90 USD

Aluminum Long-Span Suspension Arms And Knuckles Performance Upgrade Kit for Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-S01BU$59.90 USD1$59.90 USD

Drivetrain And Steering Upgrade Kit For Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-S02BU$59.90 USD1$59.90 USD

Aluminum Single Piece Motor Mount with Heat Sink (BU) for Tamiya M06
Item# M06-013BU$10.90 USD1$10.90 USD

M-06 Rear Aluminum Damper Stay Mount
Item# 54326$13.90 USD1$13.90 USD

Aluminum Single Piece Gearbox Plate for Tamiya M06
Item# M06-013O2BU$8.90 USD1$8.90 USD

Steel & Aluminum King Pin Set (4pcs) For Tamiya M05 & M06
Item# M06-135BU$4.90 USD1$4.90 USD

Alum. Shock Spring Base Cover 13mm For Damper
Item# 3RAC-DP01/LB$4.50 USD1$4.50 USD

Alloy Wheel Washer Set Thick 5mm (BU) For 1/10 RC Touring Drift Crawler
Item# WA-015BU$5.90 USD1$5.90 USD

Alum Drive Shaft (LB)
Item# M03M-07/LB$5.10 USD1$5.10 USD

7075 Aluminum Steering Turnbuckle Shaft 3 x 93mm For Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-007BU$2.90 USD1$2.90 USD

Aluminum Axles For Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-020BU$2.90 USD1$2.90 USD

• Like 8

Wow! I would have gone with some parts from Yeah Racing if it was me to save up you know. Some parts from YR are even better designed and quality is just the same for half the price and sometimes even lesser.

But as long as you're happy, that's fine. Congrats and show us the build soon. :)

• Like 1

About to do very similar for XV01 (in AUD though) :D

My M-03 owes me a fortune too.

Ally knuckles and rear C hubs, turnbuckles, CVD's, ball diff, TRF shocks, hi-torque servo saver, the list goes on and on...

I feel your pain, but it is also one of my favourite cars.

Only good for a glass smooth track though. Can't run it in the street, so has been sitting on the shelf for way too long...

IMG_0778.md.jpg

• Like 2

going to use these on the Vw bus chassis, ut may not use that shell. I gotta look at the wheel base and also read the manual as far as adjustable wheel base. if it works out proba MINI shell

34 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

going to use these on the Vw bus chassis, ut may not use that shell. I gotta look at the wheel base and also read the manual as far as adjustable wheel base. if it works out proba MINI shell

The M-06 can be built to any of the 3 common M-chassis wheelbases, so your choice of shells is pretty large. However the rear mounted motor interferes with those that have a short rear overhang such as the Mini, so you would need to cut away part of the boot to make it fit. Alternatively there are some nice looking old-school M-chassis shells with larger overhangs that fit without modification, such as the Renault Alpine, VW Beetle, Karmann Ghia, etc.

• Thanks 2

Tamiya currently has Ride preglued wheel/tire sets in stock.  These are hard to come by.  Opportunity's knockin'.

20 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

So i just ordered a ton of m-06 aluminum parts for a build. M-06.

QUTUS Challenger 50mm Damper Set for 1/10 RC Touring M-Chassis Car Blue
Item# DBB-2050BU$39.90 USD1$39.90 USD

Aluminum Long-Span Suspension Arms And Knuckles Performance Upgrade Kit for Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-S01BU$59.90 USD1$59.90 USD

Drivetrain And Steering Upgrade Kit For Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-S02BU$59.90 USD1$59.90 USD

Aluminum Single Piece Motor Mount with Heat Sink (BU) for Tamiya M06
Item# M06-013BU$10.90 USD1$10.90 USD

M-06 Rear Aluminum Damper Stay Mount
Item# 54326$13.90 USD1$13.90 USD

Aluminum Single Piece Gearbox Plate for Tamiya M06
Item# M06-013O2BU$8.90 USD1$8.90 USD

Steel & Aluminum King Pin Set (4pcs) For Tamiya M05 & M06
Item# M06-135BU$4.90 USD1$4.90 USD

Alum. Shock Spring Base Cover 13mm For Damper
Item# 3RAC-DP01/LB$4.50 USD1$4.50 USD

Alloy Wheel Washer Set Thick 5mm (BU) For 1/10 RC Touring Drift Crawler
Item# WA-015BU$5.90 USD1$5.90 USD

Alum Drive Shaft (LB)
Item# M03M-07/LB$5.10 USD1$5.10 USD

7075 Aluminum Steering Turnbuckle Shaft 3 x 93mm For Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-007BU$2.90 USD1$2.90 USD

Aluminum Axles For Tamiya M05 M06
Item# TAMC-020BU$2.90 USD1$2.90 USD

You say it like it's a bad thing :) 

I've ordered one hop up part that cost me $200 before shipping lol. Still waiting for it to arrive.

And before anyone asks, I'm keeping it a surprise.

4 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

I've ordered one hop up part that cost me $200 before shipping lol. Still waiting for it to arrive.

Did you hop up a TT02 with a TB05 kit?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Did you hop up a TT02 with a TB05 kit?

You're not going to make me say what it is :lol:

Nice try though.. interesting idea :) 

Agree with @TwistedxSlayer

Tamiya are superb at leveraging their brand to command comparable RRP vs their competition ... when you often then need to hop up to be equal in practice 

And he’s also spot on re the rabbit hole on performance vs cost - so 90% of the time I’d buy a better kit out of the box vs hop up a cheaper one 

The exceptions are probably limited / special editions - where tbh it all gets a bit lively ... and the wise price  true TRF vs getting there piecemeal !

As the guys say, all good fun though - and that sounds like as epic build even if you then tinker sir 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

While on the subject, does anyone know if the BMW Mini (LWB) shell is still available?

14 hours ago, SuperChamp82 said:

And he’s also spot on re the rabbit hole on performance vs cost - so 90% of the time I’d buy a better kit out of the box vs hop up a cheaper one 

This is true. Got FF-03 Pro, first plan was to upgrade a "little" which eventually became an "R" version and then some more. I bought the kit(s) at $200 which wasn't bad to be honest. A Pro and a full stock kit. But spent over $450 on upgrades on both kits. Oh well, at least I'm happy and satisfied. Also, it was a slow build (more than a year so it didn't hurt my wallet that much).

Anyway, I learned my lesson. My next build will be a TB-04R. It's more expensive than the Pro/Pro 2 but the goodies that comes with the box kit is just amazing. Lots of concealed hop ups not shown in the picture like double cardan front shafts, aluminum suspension mounts, front spool, and a lot more.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Falcon#5 said:

While on the subject, does anyone know if the BMW Mini (LWB) shell is still available?

You might be lucky and find old stock somewhere, but they are no longer in production. 

• Sad 2

21 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

You might be lucky and find old stock somewhere, but they are no longer in production. 

That may be why I can't find one! :(

I stopped keeping track of costs when my M06 hop ups hit 200 :rolleyes:.  I’m a sucker for the trick hop up bits.  

• Haha 1

On 5/31/2020 at 1:33 PM, SupraChrgd82 said:

Tamiya currently has Ride preglued wheel/tire sets in stock.  These are hard to come by.  Opportunity's knockin'.

the 2pack 10 spoke for $27?

Ah.. the good 'ole Tamiya rabbit hole of hop-ups..   I'm guilty of taking a tumble myself as well.  Recently picked up a used TT-01 for cheap and despite having minimal signs of use, just about every self-tapping hole was stripped. Wrong pitch pinion caused the spur to shed itself, badword even the steering servo final drive gear had slop.  I was about to call it a loss until I saw how cheap TT-01 replacement parts could be had..  I should've known what was going to happen next.  But alas I dove right in and replaced nearly everything with snazzy new colorful alloy.  I'm really pleased, even if I'm a bit more into the investment than I had originally planned to be.

IMG_20200607_210813.jpg

• Like 5

It all arrived today. So blue sparkle is all over my table at the moment. However. I just stripped a head off of the threads  a ba2 3x10mm head off putting it into the yeah racing aluminum gearbox plate. Hmmm

• Sad 2

Why you do a mini body on a M06, so many nice bodies out there.

I did this hop up thing with my F103. Started with my M05ver2 but taking it easy. Since this is very expensive all at once.

• Like 1