Finnsllc

over $250 in hop ups

@Fabia130vRS bodies are subjective, as well as personal choice. since i own a 1:1 MINI Countryman and i collect MINI/MORRIS Hot Wheels,Matchbox MINIs and just enjoy the fun of a MINI id be happy to have an rc version. I am considering a Guiia, or alpine. Not sure how a F103 relates to a m05II . But ok. Everyone is entiltied to an opinion.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 3:44 AM, Nicadraus said:

Wow! I would have gone with some parts from Yeah Racing if it was me to save up you know. Some parts from YR are even better designed and quality is just the same for half the price and sometimes even lesser.

But as long as you're happy, that's fine. Congrats and show us the build soon. :)

lots of YR stuff here as well. Yellow Bag tags....

Actually a bit stressed about going through manual and making sure i include all the bling.

hmm, M06  rear turnbuckles in hop up yeah racing kit dont seem to reach the ballpost on the hub? 

EDIT, was using the wrong adjuster. Needed longer ones....OOPS

IMG_20200709_101144.jpg

• Like 2

Are you going for fixed or adjustable pistons on the Qutus shocks?

On 7/8/2020 at 5:53 AM, Finnsllc said:

going  210 as to do a MINI body, that i dont have

I also have a bit of a thing for Minis. My brother-in-law and I are currently restoring a full-size one. Which Mini shell are you considering for your M-06?

The standard one has an issue clearly visible in the below photo:

2020-07-10_01-15-46

The motor sticks out beyond the confines of the rear of the shell. 

However something like this would fit nicely:

2020-07-10_01-16-23

I seem to remember this being an ABC Hobby shell. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

I also have a bit of a thing for Minis. My brother-in-law and I are currently restoring a full-size one. Which Mini shell are you considering for your M-06?

The standard one has an issue clearly visible in the below photo:

2020-07-10_01-15-46

The motor sticks out beyond the confines of the rear of the shell. 

However something like this would fit nicely:

2020-07-10_01-16-23

I seem to remember this being an ABC Hobby shell. 

ive never seen a clubman shell thats awesome. i gotta try and find one asap

• Like 1

On 7/7/2020 at 9:53 PM, Finnsllc said:

going  210 as to do a MINI body, that i dont have

Do you realize how HARD TO FIND and Expensive any Mini Cooper Body is lately?? 

I hope you get lucky. 😉

EDIT: Didn't realise that the Clubman Body was made! Certainly never seen on in the U.S. I hope that's available. You seem excited about it!

Hmmm.... I wonder if ABC Hobby ships to the Colonies?

Edited by Carmine A
Read later post

On 5/31/2020 at 3:38 PM, SuperChamp82 said:

Agree with @TwistedxSlayer

And he’s also spot on re the rabbit hole on performance vs cost - so 90% of the time I’d buy a better kit out of the box vs hop up a cheaper one.

THAT'S a true statement that I wish I had heeded several times!!! 

Just read the contents carefully.... Sometimes the only hop up added, are Bearings. 😲

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Are you going for fixed or adjustable pistons on the Qutus shocks?

Im not sure. I laid out the parts but i havent built them. im trying to make sure i do these correctly.  have an opinion?

14 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

Im not sure. I laid out the parts but i havent built them. im trying to make sure i do these correctly.  have an opinion?

Not an informed one, no. Just curious really. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TurnipJF said:

Not an informed one, no. Just curious really. 

gotcha

Thanks @Carmine A 

l love the flexibility of TamIya hop ups but only indulge myself these days making special / limited editions the cars you’d want to build / drive if they hadn’t sometimes costed to a price - which itself is fairly subjective 

For performance out of the box, you’re pretty much always better paying for it to be there in the first place 

And, even then, you’ll probably tweak 😂

• Thanks 1

On 7/10/2020 at 2:38 PM, SuperChamp82 said:

Thanks @Carmine A 

.....For performance out of the box, you’re pretty much always better paying for it to be there in the first place 

And, even then, you’ll probably tweak 😂

You got that right!! I'm also into Scaler/Crawlers... Even more true there.

Sure, you can buy a cheap as chips Redcat, EFX, Carson or even lesser....(LOTS of Korean Knockoffs!)

BUT, you'll have to put about $200-300 into it, just to keep up with the other guys! 😖 

For $100-150 more as a base price, you can get an Axial, Team Associated or TRX-4(sic), that's bulletproof and nearly Competition ready!!

• Like 1

@SuperChamp82 @Carmine A i agree buying higher end kits it more economical. But even then i would upgrade or add or bling a kit. This M-06 build is fun for me, Finding all the blue and just questing the hunt of a all aluminum kit. This build isnt meant to be better or more performance oriented. Just a fun way to much money and time build, I enjoy this and im sure it wont be the last time i do it. 

Plus i can always just grab a chassis and have another one.

• Like 6

Agree with the above. Part of the fun is to upgrade, modify or otherwise adjust the base model. I find that more interesting then building the perfect machine out of the box..unless your sole intention is racing. Then yes.

• Like 4

we all do this. some custom build some 3d print some merge kits, some have skills way beyond mine. ill do what i want and enjoy it. anybody who has a problem with that can go pound sand! There is no right or wrong way to enjoy this hobby!!!!!

• Like 4

@Finnsllc Rule #1 in RC...

It's YOUR Hobby!! You seem to understand the advantages and disadvantages of building a full blown Aluminum "Blingmobile".... 

I say BUILD IT!! Please, let us see it. 😉 Impractical or not, Performance or Not - at the end of the day, if YOU like it, then it's Right! 👍👍

Just be careful with Aluminium A Arms and Curbs.... The Aluminium WON'T give in a hard impact. It will either bend, or tear up the Plastic Chassis. 

As long as you're aware of that - have FUN!

• Like 1

waiting on carbon rear shock mount as kit mount wont work on aluminum 

• Like 1

Looking good, you’ll be editing the title total soon, your far enough down the rabbit hole to start spiraling out of control now...:D

I did the same thing with my M06, the one thing I regret is losing my 3racing battery strap. They appear to be completely unavailable now for 3-4 years.

• Like 2

@Juls1 Haha, yeah im sure youre right. Just keep tracking down the bling, Im thinking pink aluminum screws now.

• Haha 1