Sign in to follow this  
markkat

Futaba Attack FP-TZNL reverse throttle channel?

Hey all, first post. 🙂 I am restoring/reviving my Frog that I got around ‘85. After fussing with the MSC for a few runs, I got a Dynamite 60A ESC. It set up quick, but it seems the throttle channel on my old Futaba Attack FP-TZNL is reversed. There’s no way to switch it that I can see. Before I crack open the transmitter, I was wondering if anyone else experienced the same, and was able to reverse it. I haven’t found anything suggesting that I could reverse it on this ESC itself.

Any advice is appreciated!

Here she is:

FFCE249B-E0A6-4E1A-AAF5-390FF4587473.jpeg

Update: here’s the Attack, and the back of the throttle stick. My assumption is that swapping red and black will do it. Going to do some more digging.

2F20C1EC-E0B7-4407-99CE-47474E90347C.jpeg

FA1C4EDA-0EF0-49F8-A86C-1C4B0565A6E5.jpeg

Update 2: Swapping the red and black wires did the trick. It reversed channel 2. The ESC now properly gives me fwd/br/rev.

Now on to this front suspension...

Update 3: I’m running with my old Kyosho Le Mans 360 gold brushed motor (18T). It runs at full speed for about 1-2 minutes, but quite a bit slower after that.

Any ideas why? Is it dropping to half-speed due to low voltage? I’m using a 3600mA NiMH battery, and have the ESC configured for NiMH. Same with two batteries which are new. It’s a Dynamite 60A ESC brushed ESC.

Thanks!