Genus

Best Budget Electronics to run with Sanwa MT-S and RX-482

Hey hey,

So I've just completed a DF-03 build to "find my physics" prior to a full on race spec build yet to be decided. I've been researching the electronics for the high end and have a decent idea of what to get into for the race car.

But I'm wondering what budget servo/esc to get for the DF03 for bashing purposes? I'm running a Sport Tuned brushed motor, and Nimh to start off, so thinking along the lines of a Hobbywing QUICRUN 1625 Brushed ESC, paired with a Savox SW0231MG Waterproof High Torque STD Metal Gear Digital Servo?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/savox-sw0231mg-waterproof-high-torque-std-metal-gear-digital-servo/rc-car-products/377022

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/hobbywing-quicrun-1625-brushed-esc/rc-car-products/382829

Waterproof, torquey and relatively fast responses for the budget. Anyone have experience using this setup or maybe have any recommendations as to an alternative setup? Has to work with my MT-S although not bothered with all the bells and telemetry whistles as far as the DF03 goes. Just looking for a decent feel and response from the car for a bit of semi-restrained larking about over obstacles come rain or shine. :)

Appreciate any help! Thanks guys.

That servo will work fine, its pretty pricey though for the specs.  Alturn make some cheaper waterproof ones, they might be a better bet?  In saying that, it is a good servo, I have one in my yacht as a sail servo because its waterproof and the torque is pretty good.

That ESC is for 1/16 scale so won't work with the 540 sized motor.  Look for the Hobbywing 1060 which is the same thing but is designed for 10th scale.

• Like 1