Sign in to follow this  
Superluminal

Old stickers

Hello

Bought an old kit on ebay and it came with the sticker sheets that had been badly creased so lifting some of the stickers and exposing them to air / dust underneath. They look a bit dried out if you know what I mean.

Nib ones are impossible to find so can they ever be saved so they become sticky again and straighten out? I usually use warm soapy water to apply and then a quick waft with the ciggy lighter to smooth out the creases. Will this reactivate the glue or are they fit for the bin and time to tap up MCI?

Cheers

Yep! Quick waft for a few seconds shrinks them down nicely (apart from on my martini porsche shell which part melted)

I dont own a hair dryer unfortunately. Its falling out faster than I could ever dry it.

• Haha 3

I don’t hair dryer my hair but I own a £10 one for decal softening and manipulating onto shells ;)

JJ

• Like 1

I had a similar problem with a decal sheet lifting up at one corner, no amount of cleaning worked and the adhesive disappeared! 

MCI to the rescue 👍

Week after I got them a replacement new old stock sheet appeared on ebay! 

• Sad 3

I've read several times that Shoo Goo will help with non-sticking stickers. But up to now I've didn't try this by myself.