Norco Kid

Older Re-re's ESC

For some of the older Re-re's that are still in production like the Brat, Frog, Lunchbox, Hornet etc do they now come with the current TBLE-02S ESC or do they still have the old TEU-101BK ESCs? Towerhobbies description still says the old ones but I don't think they ever update those descriptions and I'm not sure if Tamiya would have made a running change as 101BK is listed as discontinued on their website.

26 minutes ago, Norco Kid said:

For some of the older Re-re's that are still in production like the Brat, Frog, Lunchbox, Hornet etc do they now come with the current TBLE-02S ESC or do they still have the old TEU-101BK ESCs? Towerhobbies description still says the old ones but I don't think they ever update those descriptions and I'm not sure if Tamiya would have made a running change as 101BK is listed as discontinued on their website.

Mine have either come with no ESC or the TBLE-02S. I've never received a kit with a 101 or 105 ESC, but the first kit I bought this time around was late 2016 I think by which time the TBLE-02S was the standard kit one.

I  have seen plenty of descriptions saying it comes with the 105BK but never received one too, so would assume its an old description but happy to be corrected.

Edited by Jonathon Gillham

1 hour ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Mine have either come with no ESC or the TBLE-02S. I've never received a kit with a 101 or 105 ESC, but the first kit I bought this time around was late 2016 I think by which time the TBLE-02S was the standard kit one.

I  have seen plenty of descriptions saying it comes with the 105BK but never received one too, so would assume its an old description but happy to be corrected.

I wish I would’ve gotten the 105! My stadium thunder came with the 104 lol

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

I wish I would’ve gotten the 105! My stadium thunder came with the 104 lol

Whats the difference? I know nothing about the previous generation ESC

Since you got a 104 recently it suggests theres some older ones out there still though

22 minutes ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Whats the difference? I know nothing about the previous generation ESC

Since you got a 104 recently it suggests theres some older ones out there still though

My Stadium Blitzer came with a 104 I bought a couple of years ago, they don’t have a 6v BEC so the steering servo gets the full main battery voltage so you need a high voltage servo ( Mine incidentally only lasted 2 runs before it fried ) 

The 105 has a 6v BEC and is rated up to a Torque Tuned motor. ( I’m guessing it’s the Sport Tuned motor is what blew my 104 after seeing that, along with it did get wet as well )

Any other kit,  including a Brat, I’ve bought has had a TBLE 02 in it that runs a Sport Tuned no problem. 

• Like 2

Thanks guys! Sounds like they are now coming with the TBLE-02S unless you get some old stock. Great news if you want to run a mild brushless!