Hi,

This is my first post. Like many others on here, I’ve revisited my childhood in acquiring a Hornet and Hotshot during the lockdown. I have an Egress on the way and was just wondering if any members would have any of these hop ups they’d be willing to sell:

53031 - Avante posi joints front

53032 - Avante posi joints rear

53053 - mini Hi Cap damper springs

53054 - short Hi Cap damper springs

50346 - Avante body set

53045 - Avante undercowl

Would any of the TRF dampers fit the Egress and would they be an improvement? I also have some Gmade aeration shocks and was wondering if they would be worth putting on instead of the Hi Caps. All suggestions are welcome

many thanks

Justin

Why do you need those parts if you don't mind? What's wrong with the shocks that come with the Egress?

The standard Avante body  shell and under cowl doesn't fit, the Egress has a longer wheelbase.

The only Avante shell that will fit is from the Avante 2001, it was re released briefly  7 years ago now under part number 84372

https://www.stellamodels.com.hk/84372-scale-avante-2001-body-parts-egress-chassis-p-7840.html

I have the 84372 set NIP   $150 US plus post

I suspect - could be wrong though - that the Posi shafts will not work with the 2011 re re diffs unless you have the period differential internals or you fit Avante geared diffs. 

But then, I've assumed you've got a re-re on the way. Maybe you have an original.

Could all be moot though because I'd imagine acquiring the posis would be near impossible or not economically viable ;) 

@kid168 I know the Hi Cap shocks are very good already. I was just wondering if the Gmade shocks I have spare would be an improvement or not. 

Many thanks

I have the following parts coming for the Egress re release:

Yeah Racing front alloy knuckles

Yeah Racing rear alloy hubs

Yeah Racing Carbon CVD’s front and rear

Super Stock TZ (what pinion should I be running? Steel 19t?)

2.2 wheels and tyres (do I need a Tamiya pin type hex adaptor)

Can anybody recommend any other hop ups? I understand the Egress drives better with a centre ball diff instead of the torque splitter. Where can I get one of these and what is the part number please? 

Many thanks

Justin

12 hours ago, JUS75 said:

@kid168 I know the Hi Cap shocks are very good already. I was just wondering if the Gmade shocks I have spare would be an improvement or not. 

Many thanks

No they would not. The Hicaps is an excellent shock. However if you'd like to sell those Egress Hicaps I'll take em 😄

On 6/8/2020 at 9:58 AM, GTodd said:

No they would not. The Hicaps is an excellent shock. However if you'd like to sell those Egress Hicaps I'll take em 😄

ill take them too. hahaha

On 6/7/2020 at 10:14 PM, JUS75 said:

I have the following parts coming for the Egress re release:

Yeah Racing front alloy knuckles

Yeah Racing rear alloy hubs

Yeah Racing Carbon CVD’s front and rear

Super Stock TZ (what pinion should I be running? Steel 19t?)

2.2 wheels and tyres (do I need a Tamiya pin type hex adaptor)

Can anybody recommend any other hop ups? I understand the Egress drives better with a centre ball diff instead of the torque splitter. Where can I get one of these and what is the part number please? 

Many thanks

Justin

Use the stock pinion for TZ motor

Ball diffs are included in the kit

There is nothing really to change or upgrade on the Egress. Alloy hubs and knuckles are ok but unnecessary. Carbon steel CVDs.... What's wrong with the one in the kit?

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 3:14 PM, JUS75 said:

I understand the Egress drives better with a centre ball diff instead of the torque splitter.

The centre diff comes with the Avante - you can put it together from the Avante spur gear parts, gear parts tree H and the various metal parts. Look in the 2011/Black Special manual for the part numbers. A bit of a 'ball ache' and it will be expensive. I'm not sure it's sold complete as a hop up although someone who knows better will correct me. Possibly easier to buy a black special and mix and match what you want. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kid168 said:

Use the stock pinion for TZ motor

Ball diffs are included in the kit

There is nothing really to change or upgrade on the Egress. Alloy hubs and knuckles are ok but unnecessary. Carbon steel CVDs.... What's wrong with the one in the kit?

Fully agree, the carbon steel yeah racing driveshafts are nice as spares for the price, bought them for my 2001, but only as the Tamiya ones are very expensive to build from spare parts. So far so good they are fine, so I wouldn´t say they are a Downgrade from the kit egress, but for sure no upgrade.;)

And yes, the centre ball diff has to be built from Avante spare parts, so maybe you try the kit options with one way first. Maybe the locked center drive is also included. Depending on the driving surfaces you run on, the one way can be fine, too. Liked this setup on grass on my 2001 runner...

I like the one way, but I don't jump it much. Heard it can be easier to make corrections with the fixed drive. The fixed drive does come with the kit. 

• Like 1

Hi, thank you very much for all your input. Would anybody by any chance have Tamiya 84199 Avante 2011 titanium screw set for sale please?

Many thanks

Justin

On 6/10/2020 at 7:26 AM, JUS75 said:

Hi, thank you very much for all your input. Would anybody by any chance have Tamiya 84199 Avante 2011 titanium screw set for sale please?

Many thanks

Justin

Man good luck! Like the Avante Hicaps I think Tamiya made them for a week. They were a one and done release. 

On 6/10/2020 at 8:58 AM, Howards said:

The centre diff comes with the Avante - you can put it together from the Avante spur gear parts, gear parts tree H and the various metal parts. Look in the 2011/Black Special manual for the part numbers. A bit of a 'ball ache' and it will be expensive. I'm not sure it's sold complete as a hop up although someone who knows better will correct me. Possibly easier to buy a black special and mix and match what you want. 

I’ve just bought an eggy and a black special. I plan to turn the eggy into a “ super Avante” and race it/ bash it. Do you reccomend I take the ball diff from the bs And install the torque splitter instead and put the diff in the egress?. What effect would I see?  

Bs will prob just be display if I ever build it. 

Thanks 

On 6/15/2020 at 10:59 AM, GTodd said:

Man good luck! Like the Avante Hicaps I think Tamiya made them for a week. They were a one and done release. 

On 6/10/2020 at 3:26 PM, JUS75 said:

Many thanks

Justin

You can buy ti screws for the egress from yeah racing for dirt cheap.i woujd  imagine most  of them would be the same as the Avante?. 

34 minutes ago, xray mark said:

Do you reccomend I take the ball diff from the bs And install the torque splitter instead and put the diff in the egress?. What effect would I see?

These guys seems to like the effect of the centre ball diff; 

I find it hard to get my head really around what the centre diff does but if it protects the transmission I'm all for it :)

Thanks!. The part about wether you take jumps or not makes perfect sense. You cannot adjust attitude of buggy with one way 

very interesting. This forum is great. Very helpful.