Sign in to follow this  
Dave Double Dex

Stadium custom blitzer beetle project lives...

Like many others, COVID has given me the time for me and my son to build a budget basher.

what started out as an abused eBay Stadium Blitzer has emerged as a Beetle with a re re Scorcher shell and a few custom goodies to personalize it.

The colour scheme was chosen and painted by my son and it’s all come together quite nicely.

With hindsight I probably could have just bought a new kit for the cost of all the replacement parts, but sometimes the chase is half the fun and It certainly helps the learning!

This site has certainly provided some hot tips (like how to do the rear lights)  help and support (like how to get a scorcher body on a blitzer) and inspiration (shapeways, who knew!) all great stuff so thanks!

hope you like it!

7BED2FA7-16C0-4F39-8FE8-2825B8B709D8.jpeg

F048DBAE-615C-4676-A849-DE3409F6E9DD.jpeg

FA40BB93-B3F7-4699-AEA0-1DF16243DEA6.jpeg

6D925491-7761-43A4-A36A-18A47457E3C1.jpeg

• Like 9

Lovely Blitzer Beetle. Especially the rear window louvres and the colour choice. On the first picture it looks like the car squints to the camera.:D

Thanks fellas.

Thought I should take some pics before it gets trashed! 1 good roll over and they don’t look quite the same...But that’s all part of the fun. 

Im stuck for ideas for the rear bumper.

I have a plastic ‘Porsche’ engine and stinger exhaust to fit but in the mock up it just hangs off the motor/bumper so it would be very vulnerable to damage and just looks unfinished

a dude on shapeways has a nice sand scorcher Rear cage bumper and a chassis conversion part but nothing for the blitzer :(

welcome any suggestions

9DFE0D80-6FCC-42A4-A4F0-A81119AEAB62.jpeg

On 6/6/2020 at 6:53 PM, Dave Double Dex said:

Like many others, COVID has given me the time for me and my son to build a budget basher.

what started out as an abused eBay Stadium Blitzer has emerged as a Beetle with a re re Scorcher shell and a few custom goodies to personalize it.

The colour scheme was chosen and painted by my son and it’s all come together quite nicely.

With hindsight I probably could have just bought a new kit for the cost of all the replacement parts, but sometimes the chase is half the fun and It certainly helps the learning!

This site has certainly provided some hot tips (like how to do the rear lights)  help and support (like how to get a scorcher body on a blitzer) and inspiration (shapeways, who knew!) all great stuff so thanks!

hope you like it!

7BED2FA7-16C0-4F39-8FE8-2825B8B709D8.jpeg

F048DBAE-615C-4676-A849-DE3409F6E9DD.jpeg

FA40BB93-B3F7-4699-AEA0-1DF16243DEA6.jpeg

6D925491-7761-43A4-A36A-18A47457E3C1.jpeg

Where did you buy the rear window Louvre ? Can you please send me a link ?

Sorry guys been busy playing with full sized cars...

heres the link:

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YSJAACY4E/sand-scorcher-louvered-rear-sun-shade?optionId=60360038&li=marketplace

yes it’s pricey but someone has put the hours into designing it, tuning the first prototypes and 3D printing it for you. 

There’s some fab stuff on this site but it gets expensive quickly. It’s pretty much bespoke stuff that developers then offer out to us lesser mortals without CAD ability or a 3D printer