Beetlemankurt

Lesu 3T sound system question

Hi all, well I’ve just built my first Tamiya Rig (Scania R620) and love it :). Now I’m looking at sound systems.......slippery slope I know...

I’ve looked at the Tamiya MFU system which is nice, but It’s pretty pricey here in NZ and looks bulkier than some other systems. I’m sure it works well though. The Lesu 3T system has peaked my interest as it seems pretty compact, has the Euro V8 sound and can be built up with lights later on which is a bit kinder on the wallet. YouTube vids confirm it seems to sound sweet.

SO......anyone have experience with this unit? And secondly, any reasons why it could be problematic when used with a Spektrum DX6? 

Comments and suggestions requested/welcomed.

Cheers

Kurt

• Like 1

Can you hear me now?:D

these darn electronic devices for these rigs are out of control, i'm really good with sound effects, really i can imitate any noise on planet earth some more realistic than others some spot on, that all said i could of saved 350 bills had i known what i got into with the MF'er (MFU-01):blink:Picture 1 of 8

just googled it................i'd get it,

and as far as the truck shaken i'd care less, lights and sound priceless truck doing the Cha-cha -cha to each their own:lol:

Lookn' forward to seen it.

• Haha 1

I hear ya Accel! :P:lol:.........yeah I thought it looks pretty good too. I thought there might have been a few peeps out there that own one but not yet........

I’m just trying to decide between saving for a bit longer or grabbing one of these and it’s cousin the light set, or saving up a bit longer for a trailer. Decisions decisions.......Either way, I know I’ll end up with both at some point :D.....

Will definitely post a vid whenever I get it and install it.

Catch ya

Kurt

• Like 1

If you haven't pulled the trigger on something overpriced (MFC!!) Or inferior in Sound quality and Functionally.... There's something much BETTER! 

https://hobbyconcepts.net/products/beier-sfr-1-sound-light-speed-control

Only $245 USD ($1.1 Million NZ 😜😂) it does what the MFC does and a LOT more.  

If you have your own ESC (I'm using a Hobbywing WP1080 ESC).....   https://hobbyconcepts.net/products/beier-sound-module-usm-rc-2

EVERYTHING that the full one does, except Motor Control - but only $169.00 USD!!! 

I realize those are still a bit pricey... But great value. They do so much more than a MFC! Are Fully Lipo Compatible, CD quality Sound, with over 50 different engine sounds available in the $8.99 Thumb Drive. You can also simulate up to 8 Shift Gear sounds, with Engine Speed lowering after each Shift!! 😁 

I'm just scratching the surface. The Sound and functionality is SO superior to ANY of the Lower cost boxes, Lighting options are mind blowing. Even includes a separate Midi Track Channel, to play any Music or Sound you can load!!! 

Hey Carmine A, man that sounds like a good set up for sure. I had heard about these units but you are not wrong about the exchange rate in NZ $ :D....Would love to see a video of it in action though. The gear changing sounds like an awesome feature.

I went with the Lesu version in the end (or a version of it) in the end and am pretty happy with it. Nowhere near the functionality of the other unit but it'll do me for now.  Just realised I'd said id post a video of it but havent yet...oops!

Who knows, perhaps ill change it out one day for one of these units you've posted. Sure is tempting....

Thanks heaps for the links.

Cheers

Kurt

• Thanks 1

It might take a little while, but I promise you Kurt, there WILL be Video!! 

Trust me, if ANYONE can understand piloting through this Hobby, on little to no Budget - I DO! 😖😞 

My dire situation has only very recently turned around - VERY MUCH SO!! Because of that, my Grand Hauler Thread in this Section is going to try to include as many low cost (or free) tricks as I can think of.  I hope I can encourage you to follow my Build Thread. 😊

I haven't heard anything bad about the LESU Sound System. No, I don't think it's the best - but you shouldn't have Buyer's remorse for it. 😉  It's decent, and good value for money. 

..... I might have sounded like a Salesperson - but I get NOTHING from it. I'm not affiliated in any way. I'm just a firm believer in the 21st Century Technology - BAFFLED that so many People simply plunk down over $400.00 USD for a Tamiya MFC Unit - that has ONE speed, ONE Horn, ONE way of utilising the Truck Lights..... 

And has been mostly UNCHANGED since 2000!!!! 😲😖👎 

I'll be interested in finding out what you think of the LESU Unit.

• Like 1