novicelad

Tamiya Bruiser Copy 1 week delivery

Hi All

Having a browse through bangood and noticed the copy bruiser was on 1 week delivery at them moment to the UK only a few in stock though make sure you change it to CZ on the warehouse under £160 too! 

https://www.banggood.com/HG-P407-1-or-10-2_4G-4WD-Rc-Car-for-TOYATO-Metal-4X4-Pickup-Truck-Rock-Crawler-RTR-Toy-p-1307753.html?rmmds=LocalWarehouseAllProduct&ID=224&cur_warehouse=CZ

• Like 1

Just now, Problemchild said:

Good stuff :)

JJ

If my birthday wasn't coming up (I know I have some crawly goodies coming) I would have ordered one for myself!

I've just gotten back into ground R/C, have been doing planes & Heli's for the last couple of years, I have one of these on the way, I had a Mountaineer back in the 90's and wanted another but coudn't afford a Tamiya, also have a CC01 Isuzu that arrived today. I've always wanted an F150 Ranger as well but legit ones are out of my price range so I'm creating one with an orv chassis and Blackfoot body. From what I've heard these Bruiser copies are quite good quality.

• Like 2

You might also like to consider a brand new model from the same company.  It is called the HG-P417 "Middle East 4x4 Pickup".  I am a long term Tamiya fan and have a High Lift in my collection but was intrigued by the Chinese clones and wondered how they compare.  Anyway, I recently decided to find out and ended up buying the one in the image.  If you are interested to see all the details in close-up then please search for my video channel, "BlackSeaRC".  If you have any questions about it, ask away!

DSC00299b.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BlackSeaRC said:

You might also like to consider a brand new model from the same company.  It is called the HG-P417 "Middle East 4x4 Pickup".  I am a long term Tamiya fan and have a High Lift in my collection but was intrigued by the Chinese clones and wondered how they compare.  Anyway, I recently decided to find out and ended up buying the one in the image.  If you are interested to see all the details in close-up then please search for my video channel, "BlackSeaRC".  If you have any questions about it, ask away!

DSC00299b.jpg

These do look great 

I must say I wasn't entirely convinced by the first pictures which were mostly of the "army green" version but I decided to risk it and ordered the "desert camouflage" version.  In reality it looks absolutely superb and obviously the desert colour scheme better suits a truck described as a "Middle East Pickup"!

The new HG-P417 is "RTR" but I didn't manage to run it yet as I'm still waiting for the battery and charger to arrive that I ordered at the same time as the model!  Once I get that I'll let you know if it performs as well as it looks.

Video link here for those interested: 

That is a good looking truck, will keep an eye out to see if they do one like they did with the P407 that isn't RTR

6 hours ago, David B said:

That is a good looking truck, will keep an eye out to see if they do one like they did with the P407 that isn't RTR

I see in your earlier post that you are interested in a Ford body...well in the back of the manual that comes with the new P417 is a picture with a part number labelled "Raptor shell assembly" and there are also some alternative mounting parts for that body.  At the moment these parts are greyed out indicating that they are not yet available but maybe this is an indication that another variant is being prepared.  It is all speculation on my part but sInce Tamiya did the F350 High Lift it may be that HG are doing their own version with an updated Raptor body...

• Like 1

I think the P417 is gonna be the better option, looks easier to go with different wheels, plus 4 wheel steer, might wait and see if they do release it with the Ford body.