BOARDRIDER

Which Tamiya Monster Truck for my son?

Forget the cc01 that is a totally different chassis, certainly not suitable for donuts and big tires. The WT01 would be your best bet and you could just get the landfreeder body and make a.fall guy truck out of it.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, J@mes said:

Good grief that's more than I paid for the whole truck! No wonder people are breaking cars for part on ebay. Sad thing is though if I don't see one come up soon I might have to bite the bullet! Thanks for looking this up!

16 hours ago, waterbok said:

Forget the cc01 that is a totally different chassis, certainly not suitable for donuts and big tires. The WT01 would be your best bet and you could just get the landfreeder body and make a.fall guy truck out of it.

Almost indestructible as well the WT01.

A superb low maintenance, take a lot of abuse choice.

16 hours ago, waterbok said:

I actually did order a Landfreeder for him today. I found the bodyshell is going to be half the price I paid for the whole kit so we'll see how he goes. Either he'll get on with it or we can put the truck body on a WT-01 and I'll find a cheap body for the CC01 and I'll see what I can do with it.

We found some videos on youtube of one with a brushless set up that goes like stink and another doing donuts and jumping stuff. Mainly though they are locked diff crawlers but definitely not going that way. We even found a couple of Fall Guys truck versions. They do seem pretty versatile.

It'll be interesting as I've never built one like it so I'm sure we'll learn a lot together! There are enough hop ups out there to deprive him of pocket money for years to come! 

25 minutes ago, BOARDRIDER said:

I actually did order a Landfreeder for him today. I found the bodyshell is going to be half the price I paid for the whole kit so we'll see how he goes. Either he'll get on with it or we can put the truck body on a WT-01 and I'll find a cheap body for the CC01 and I'll see what I can do with it.

We found some videos on youtube of one with a brushless set up that goes like stink and another doing donuts and jumping stuff. Mainly though they are locked diff crawlers but definitely not going that way. We even found a couple of Fall Guys truck versions. They do seem pretty versatile.

It'll be interesting as I've never built one like it so I'm sure we'll learn a lot together! There are enough hop ups out there to deprive him of pocket money for years to come! 

Just see how you get on with it like you say. With the 27T motor it won't really be fast enough to highlight the fact that it's not a high performance chassis and at least it will be able to handle a bit of light trailing too if you wanted to take it out for walk. It will certainly still be able to do donuts and make rooster tails in the dirt etc

7 minutes ago, nowinaminute said:

Just see how you get on with it like you say. With the 27T motor it won't really be fast enough to highlight the fact that it's not a high performance chassis and at least it will be able to handle a bit of light trailing too if you wanted to take it out for walk. It will certainly still be able to do donuts and make rooster tails in the dirt etc

I've got a spare Carson Cup Machine 23t somewhere which I'll probably donate to give it a bit more speed. I've told him that it's not going off the BMX kicker jump when he gets it and he's good with that. Maybe just a plank on a couple of bricks... :)