Tudorp

Wild Willy & Son Of Willy

Have my latest project just about wrapped up. My original Wild Willy (Original owner since 1982), and now "Son Of Willy" (Wild Willy 3.0). Built with original vintage 1980's body, sitting on GF01 chassis from the Tamiya Heavy Dump. All ball bearing upgrade, and ready to go. Can't wait to take Son Of Willy out to play with his Dad.

20200608_130011.jpg

20200608_130101.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I love the sage green.  Did you mix the color yourself? 

No.. It is actually a rustolium medium olive, but I think it is more of a sage green color myself. I tried to find a more true olive like my original WW, but that was repainted 17 or so years ago, so some age may darkened it a little too. But, I got pretty attached to the Sage color myself, so went with it on my newest projects. Did the same color on my "Scorching Willy" (re-re Sand Scorcher Wild Willy Tribute). 

02220202b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nice family! Are all 3 of them runners? FYI, Son of Willy has his wheels/tires on backwards :)

Yes, all three are runners. I don't run the original one much because I am scared to break it. But I do run him, jut not hard. And yes, I noticed I had the wheels on the wrong side on SOW the other day. Just hadn't switched them around yet. 

;)

• Like 1

Footage of all 3 "out on patrol" together would be sweet. Have fun!

Just got back from the first test run of "Son of Willy", and I love this thing. Almost as much as my original. But, that same "kid" feeling came back when I first ran the original in 82. It is MUCH more stable than original WW. Doesn't flip nearly as easily. It does still do the crazy wheelies just as the original. But can corner  much better without flipping. Bonus is it also can crawl, to do a little rock crawling and general 4x4 driving. Did fantastic with no parts flying off, even getting on the brakes real hard causing it to do an "Endo", land rubber side down and kept going. That was fun to watch. ;)  Can't wait for my son and grand son's next visit to show them. 

• Like 3